Customer Service 866.965.0400

Distrubtors of Adams products?

Ran out of wheel cleaner this weekend, and I am luck enough to be close to a Adams dealer, so I ran down there to pick some up.  I was going to pick up some paint sealant also but all they had was the old verison.  But my big question is, I got home and noticed they charged me $19.99 for a bottle, when on the website was $4 of so bucks cheaper.  I noticed that a couple other items at the store were more expensive by a couple bucks.  Has anyone else ran into this at their local Adam's supplier.

Well that bites, and could hurt dealer perceptions in general. I don't know who your dealer is, so I can't speak direct about them. I can tell you there are many of us dealers who strive to stay current with product, priced to be competitive, and knowledgeable about our line. You might try and call your dealer and ask about the pricing.

That's pretty common actually.

It's priced that way to cover the freight it took to get it to them.

Freight is extremely expensive to Alaska and there is no way I could stay in business selling at just the website pricing and eating the freight charges.

Edited by FrozenWS6

That's pretty common actually.

It's priced that way to cover the freight it took to get it to them.

Freight is extremely expensive to Alaska and there is no way I could stay in business selling at just the website pricing and eating the freight charges.

Yeah I understand the freight charge, but $5 a bottle is pretty steep to end up covering the freight.  Either way I paid it, I ran out just didn't figure there would be that much difference 

Depends on where you live. That's pretty cheap.

I couldn't get a single 16oz bottle ship here for $5.00. It would be closer to $15-$20. There is no way I'd eat that.

So the little bit extra for me to have it right now would actually be saving me money. Since no one does free freight to up here.

Edited by FrozenWS6

So just for the fun of it I put 1 bottle in my cart (And I used wheel cleaner for reference) 

Shipping options, 

$8 flat rate shipping

Fedex-

Smart post - $6.78

Home Delivery - $11.13

2 Day - $16.42

Standard Overnight - $24.76

USPS

Priority 2 day - $8.75

Priority Express 1 Day - $37.75

So just based on shipping charges if you ordered it from Adams and shipped it you got it cheaper sans your time and fuel. 

Don't sweat it.  That guy wouldn't be in business if he couldn't make a profit.  My wife's dr. charged her insurance $900 for a knee brace. She found the brace on the company's website for $356.   Insurance actually paid the dr. $456, and she has to pay $135.  Everybody has to make a buck.  

I guess I figured the Reseller got a pricing from Adams to support selling it at Retail price.  Also customers get free freight on $100 of more usually, or at most 8$ flat right the rest of the time, so freight is hard for me understand a $5 markup.  Seems like everyone is trying to make more than a buck.  But mostly comes down to me forgetting to order a extra bottle, looks like buying gallons is in my future. 

Keep in mind when a dealer buys product, its mostly by the case(s). Things may have changed since I was active, but $8 may have covered one case. Not 12 or 18 cases on a pallet. :(

Plus the brick and mortar people need to keep the lights on. I was lucky in that 90% of my orders were forum based and I delivered it all in person.

Edited by Nitelord

Adams has always been very helpful in working the price to a point that everyone's a winner. I always matched the price on the Adams Polishes site. All I'm saying is there are factors in some situations that could result in the higher retail price point.

During the winter months, I encouraged my buyers to order directly from the web site. I had some issues with the carriers and ended up with frozen products several times in a row. That's not good for anyone's bottom line. :(

Adams always made good on the products, but that should never have been neccesary.

Edited by Nitelord

I guess I figured the Reseller got a pricing from Adams to support selling it at Retail price.  Also customers get free freight on $100 of more usually, or at most 8$ flat right the rest of the time, so freight is hard for me understand a $5 markup.  Seems like everyone is trying to make more than a buck.  But mostly comes down to me forgetting to order a extra bottle, looks like buying gallons is in my future. 

I don't understand the issue. Everywhere you go, if it's sold in a store, it's going to be more expensive than if you buy online. 

Online sellers don't have the same overhead as running a storefront, storefronts have to cover the lease on the building, the utilities on the building, whatever CS items they offer such as water, coffee etc for customers. Then they have to buy and store large quantities of the product, pay for shipping, pay for advertising, and make a profit on top of that in order to stay in business. 

I would LOVE to have a store near me that carries Adams products. The only thing close to me is a Detail Garage that is about a 30 min drive from me. 

I'd happily pay a premium on the individual products to be able to go into a store and pick them up the same day. and potentially get some advice on the products themselves. 

I don't understand the issue. Everywhere you go, if it's sold in a store, it's going to be more expensive than if you buy online.

Online sellers don't have the same overhead as running a storefront, storefronts have to cover the lease on the building, the utilities on the building, whatever CS items they offer such as water, coffee etc for customers. Then they have to buy and store large quantities of the product, pay for shipping, pay for advertising, and make a profit on top of that in order to stay in business.

I would LOVE to have a store near me that carries Adams products. The only thing close to me is a Detail Garage that is about a 30 min drive from me.

I'd happily pay a premium on the individual products to be able to go into a store and pick them up the same day. and potentially get some advice on the products themselves.

Very true. Plus there is no such thing as free fright to some places like up here to Alaska or Hawaii.

I also will do a demonstration, give advice or let customers test my open bottles to see if they like something before they buy it.

Edited by FrozenWS6

So... I'm gonna hijack this real quick cause I have no idea where else to put it. 

After reading this thread I went to the dealer locator page, looks like there is a dealer within 10 minutes of my work. Clinton Norton, but there is no website, and the address is the Murrieta city hall building.

Anyone know about this?

So... I'm gonna hijack this real quick cause I have no idea where else to put it. 

After reading this thread I went to the dealer locator page, looks like there is a dealer within 10 minutes of my work. Clinton Norton, but there is no website, and the address is the Murrieta city hall building.

Anyone know about this?

Sorry, I don't, but you may want to put your city and/or zip code on here so others can chime in.

Anyone know about this?

Just to put this out there. We dealers can usually drop ship products straight to you.

So even though I'm up here in Alaska. If you were to order from me I can have it sent directly to you.

Edited by FrozenWS6

Just to put this out there. We dealers can usually drop ship products straight to you.

So even though I'm up here in Alaska. If you were to order from me I can have it sent directly to you.

Was the edit to fix autocorrect from making it "drop kick"?! :lol: