Customer Service 866.965.0400

The Adam's Forum Fantasy Football Thread

falcaineer

So, I must admit, FF is one of my other addicitions, er, hobbies. Thought what better place to start a new FF thread than here...a place for all things Fantasy Football!

My background - been playing since 2009, and I'm the Commissioner of my league. Our's is a 12-team league; standard scoring; start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR Flex, 1 TE, 1 D/ST, 1 K. I have one championship, a runner-up, and some playoff appearances under my belt. I also have some disappointing and ugly losses/seasons. Goes with the territory! And of course, I'm hoping to bring home the big prize and bragging rights again this season. My draft is next Tue, 5 Sep, so preparations are in full force.

Got a question? A sleeper? Will that one league member not stop talking trash? Post your thoughts here...let's have some fun!!!

P.S. If there's enough interest, maybe we could start an Adam's Forum League sometime in the future?

Edited by falcaineer

Nobody's got time for this I have bronchitis...haha. I work two jobs don't watch tv and I talk a lot of trash. I may fit in but just seems I never have time for more on my full plate. With that said hope it starts and you guys have fun.

So, I must admit, FF is one of my other addicitions, er, hobbies. Thought what better place to start a new FF thread than here...a place for all things Fantasy Football!

My background - been playing since 2009, and I'm the Commissioner of my league. Our's is a 12-team league; standard scoring; start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR Flex, 1 TE, 1 D/ST, 1 K. I have one championship, a runner-up, and numerous playoff appearances under my belt. And of course, I'm hoping to bring home the big prize and bragging rights again this season. My draft is next Tue, 5 Sep, so preparations are in full force.

Got a question? A sleeper? Will that one league member not stop talking trash? Post your thoughts here...let's have some fun!!!

P.S. If there's enough interest, maybe we could start an Adam's Forum League sometime in the future?

I picked it up halfway into last season, always been a football junkie but first time trying fantasy, same format you listed. 

I think our draft is next week, its always last minute apparently with the group. Def looking for some ideas and pick advice. Its a small group I think 10 maybe 12 teams so should be able to pick up some good tallent. Last year my work horse was David Johnson the Cards RB, and if it wasnt him making the points it was my Chiefs D, or my TE Delany Walker. 

Def up for some friendly football trash talking, Im a Pats fan so Im just used to it lol, but hey its the Blitz for Sixth so its on! 

David Johnson is a stud. Period. For reasons I still can't explain, I had him as #1 ovefall but passed on him last year (for Antonio Brown) after trading up for the #1 pick. Missed the playoffs. Oops!

This year, I have pick #8. What's your draft slot?

• 10 months later...

NFL training camps are underway which means the season is just around the corner...and so are FF drafts! So it's time to bring this back to the front burner. 

To recap my season, I missed the playoffs last year but won the consolation bracket and recouped my entry fee for my win. Now, I hold pick #5 (serpentine draft) so am in prime position to put together a solid team.

Any insights into the upcoming season? 

I still watch the Steelers on tv. They train not far from where I live.  But my wife quit watching NFL when Kaepernik took his knee, and others did the same.  She won't have anything to do with it.