Customer Service 866.965.0400

Had To Let The Mustang Go :(

zw470

TS7qAS5.jpg

Kinda bittersweet but in the end it made the most sense. I loved my 5-liter but it really sucked never being able to drive it... I only put 80 miles on it all year. Hopefully the next owner treats her as well as I did.

As for its replacement there, it's gonna need some Adam's TLC, the dealership's idea of detailing was wiping down the interior with a rag and spraying the greasiest tire dressing they could find on about 3/4 of each tire. The trim is pretty dried out, too so I'll probably have to splurge on Trim Coating at the very least.

dKTUIeE.jpg

Nope, 3.5 Ecoboost, and it's begging for a tune lol. I never bothered getting the Mustang tuned but the Ecoboost is so responsive to tuning I don't think I'll be able to resist. Plus I eventually want to level it and get some bigger tires so that will help out there.

I'd actually like to see the production numbers for these, because out of all the FX4/Sport Appearance Pkg trucks I found, all but one had the 3.5 EB, and it had the 6.2L v8. I'd have been all over that but it was a Supercab, not a Supercrew.

Kinda bittersweet but in the end it made the most sense. I loved my 5-liter but it really sucked never being able to drive it... I only put 80 miles on it all year. Hopefully the next owner treats her as well as I did.

I actually did the same thing, I bought a ZL1 and never really drove it, so traded it in for a new Silverado.  I miss the sports car but sucked never driving it.

Only 80 miles in one year, wow.  Interested why you guys never drove them that much?

Since last November or so I've been working a bunch of short-term projects out of town. I'd fly out, rent a car there, then come home and go somewhere else. Then I had a month or so off (when I actually got to drive it a bit) before I got sent up to Canada. I took my busted-*** Suburban up and after driving that POS for 5 weeks I had enough. It's not bad driving it here and there every now and then, but 45min to work and back 5 days a week was just too much.

I definitely want another Mustang though, I'm thinking either an early 90s LX 5.0 convertible or a 99-04 GT convertible.

Only 80 miles in one year, wow.  Interested why you guys never drove them that much?

In Iowa it snows about 6 months out of the year so that kills that, before I got rid of it I was telling the Fiancee that I'd have to put it away most likely right before our wedding in November because it could snow at anytime after that.  The other bad is the tires it had to be about 40 Degrees to run them. Then you worry about storms and hail, just wasn't worth having it to just drive from here to there on the weekends. 

Since last November or so I've been working a bunch of short-term projects out of town. I'd fly out, rent a car there, then come home and go somewhere else. Then I had a month or so off (when I actually got to drive it a bit) before I got sent up to Canada. I took my busted-*** Suburban up and after driving that POS for 5 weeks I had enough. It's not bad driving it here and there every now and then, but 45min to work and back 5 days a week was just too much.

I definitely want another Mustang though, I'm thinking either an early 90s LX 5.0 convertible or a 99-04 GT convertible.

Its pretty hard to find any clean foxes anymore, but if you do, they are pretty sweet. As for the late sn95 mustangs, i really like how they look once you throw in a few appearance mods like lowering springs and lip, but if id have to buy one it would be a termi or a mach 1. 

In Iowa it snows about 6 months out of the year so that kills that, before I got rid of it I was telling the Fiancee that I'd have to put it away most likely right before our wedding in November because it could snow at anytime after that.  The other bad is the tires it had to be about 40 Degrees to run them. Then you worry about storms and hail, just wasn't worth having it to just drive from here to there on the weekends. 

I had an '86 GT 5.0 that I bought in 1990 and owned for 8 years. It became a garage queen for the last 3 or 4 years I owned it so I could keep it nice. I only drove it once or twice a year toward the end.  I was paying around $1100 / year for insurance, so those became expensive trips around the block. I finally sold it to buy materials for a cedar deck I built. :(

Foxbody mustangs are around, they sell for a premium now, they have several listed on eBay with original low miles. I have a neighbor that has a saleen, original owner and low mileage. Sweet cars.

Its pretty hard to find any clean foxes anymore, but if you do, they are pretty sweet. As for the late sn95 mustangs, i really like how they look once you throw in a few appearance mods like lowering springs and lip, but if id have to buy one it would be a termi or a mach 1.