Customer Service 866.965.0400

Irma

falcaineer

That was one wild ride. Living on Merritt Island, east central Florida. We got hit pretty hard no power or water is of now. I hope all the others in the Adam's family are doing good. On another note my wash buckets are coming in handy for me and my neighbors, using them to fill with well water to flush the toilets. Hey ya gotta do what ya gotta do

Stay safe

Jason

This storm was worst than Charlie.  We were hit with 90 mph winds, and had a micro-burst in the backyard (it twisted up the branches of a 40 ft oak tree) when Charlie came through, but it only lasted a few hours.  With Irma we had Tropical Force winds about 6 hours (around 5 PM Sunday) before the 60+ mph winds started, then those winds lasted for about 4 hours, and TF winds did not die down until late morning Monday.  And lots of rain this time - I dumped 11 inches out of the rain gauge from Saturday to Monday.  

We lost power at 7:30 PM Sunday, but we do have water.  Lots of branches to clean up, and the pond behind us is now a moat around my house!  No damage to the house or roof.  My truck is a little worse for wear after being parked across the driveway in front of garage door, but no new damage.   

I have seen picture Sizzle Chest's wife posted on IG of Naples, and they got pounded.  

This was my first hurricane and as a new home owner about 3 months ago, I was terrified of what could happen. The center of Irma as a category 2 passed right over us here in Bartow, Central FL, at a severe wind warning of gusts up to 100mph for about an hour and a half. I've been on a ship in 40 foot seas before on the open ocean and this storm has me more scared than that. The noise is horrific. My wife and I stayed up til the worst passed through at about 2am. We're still without power as of about 8pm Sunday but I'm grateful there was no damage to our home, fence, or family. We consider ourselves lucky after seeing the amount of trees and power poles down, as well as roofs peeled back throughout the rest of town. We give our well wishes and speedy recovery to those that sustained major damage.

Hurricanes are definitely nothing to take lightly. I'm glad we're hearing good stories here. I know there are some people out there that probably lost everything. I was 11 when Hurricane Hugo (Cat 4) hit South Carolina in 1989. I remember the sound of the wind and I never want to hear it again. We had no major damage but our town was devastated (as was most of the state).

I hope Jose decides to die out or keep looping out to sea!

Got real lucky, no major damage, had to fix the fence and clean up lots of branches, no roof damage or damage to the house. We have water and electricity back on. So no more  Adam's bucket brigade :) 

I've lived in the same house since 1993 and by far this was the worst for the duration it lasted. It got real crazy in between 1 am and 330 am. with the wind and debris hitting the boards on the windows I thought for sure I was going to have more damage.  If you have never been through a hurricane the noise is like nothing you've heard before between the howling wind for hours stuff hitting the house and exploding transformers, It damn near sounds like a war zone to my best description.

I'm just glad everyone is alive and well.

-Jason