Customer Service 866.965.0400

Interior Cleaning Options

thatryan

Question

Need to replace my interior cleaning stuffs! Everything looks new here since last I bought.

New interior detailer vs. foaming leather cleaner + new leather conditioner...?

Vehicle is 2017 Silverado, no leather, has cloth seats.

What is the proper choice?

Thank you.

9 answers to this question

I would think some:

Carpet and Upholstery cleaner 

ID (I have use detail spray in place of this, but as the new Interior detailer has some SPF in it that the Detail spray does not it makes it a benefit to use it more) 

Leather conditioner (It has more uses than just leather, works great on plastics and other trim plus that great leather smell) 

If you need a bit of cleaning power I would add the Leather and interior cleaner either in liquid or foam depending on your prefference. 

Edited by pirahnah3

Leather and interior cleaner (spray or foam) would be to get tough stains out. 

Interior Detailer is for regular maintenance or light dusting of your interior.

Leather Conditioner is to protect your interior.

Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner is to clean your cloth material. 

Since your car is new and im guessing its not in terrible shape, id get the interior detailer, carpet and upholstery cleaner, and leather conditioner. 

Thats right, you can use leather conditioner on any plastic and it works great. It helps repel dust and adds protection. 

The interior detailer can be used under or over the leather conditioner. I havent noticed any difference. Usually it goes over the conditioner because you dont have to condition it that often. 

Just wanted to add a little bit...the Leather Conditioner as stated, can be used on all hard surfaces inside your car. It has SPF 65 in it, and I believe Adam recommends it every few months, but I guess it also depends on how often your car is in direct sun. I think I used it twice this summer, because 4 days a week, I was parked in direct sun. The Interior Detailer also has SPF, but he doesn't mention what level, and some minor cleaners in it, I use this weekly. Both of these do not add shine, and help repel dust. I have a 2016 Tahoe, so both of our interiors are similar...thats why I chimed in...if you get these 2 you will be in awe!

I also got OEM rubber/all weather floor mats, and I hit them with interior detailer first, so they look and clean better.

As for cleaning, the others already hit on that :)

Check out the videos for these too, Adam will mention good tip and tricks in them often.

Just wanted to add a little bit...the Leather Conditioner as stated, can be used on all hard surfaces inside your car. It has SPF 65 in it, and I believe Adam recommends it every few months, but I guess it also depends on how often your car is in direct sun. I think I used it twice this summer, because 4 days a week, I was parked in direct sun. The Interior Detailer also has SPF, but he doesn't mention what level, and some minor cleaners in it, I use this weekly. Both of these do not add shine, and help repel dust. I have a 2016 Tahoe, so both of our interiors are similar...thats why I chimed in...if you get these 2 you will be in awe!

I also got OEM rubber/all weather floor mats, and I hit them with interior detailer first, so they look and clean better.

As for cleaning, the others already hit on that :)

Check out the videos for these too, Adam will mention good tip and tricks in them often.

Interior Detailer has spf-35 iirc. But honestly anything over spf 15 is going to be very similar. At least on humans, maybe plastics are different. But spf 15 blocks 93% uva rays, while spf 30 blocks about 97%. SPF 50 blocks about 98%

Actually the SPF factor and the best protection is at SPF 30 anything after that doesn't really matter and everything below SPF 30 is garbage, including personal use.

Interior Detailer has spf-35 iirc. But honestly anything over spf 15 is going to be very similar. At least on humans, maybe plastics are different. But spf 15 blocks 93% uva rays, while spf 30 blocks about 97%. SPF 50 blocks about 98%