Customer Service 866.965.0400

Cleaning your car how much a week

Bluesplayer

I usually split the workload in 2 different days. Interior and Exterior. But I think im going to start doing the same as you and break it into separate days. The wheels alone take as long as the rest of the truck.

Amen. Wheels have become my least favorite things to clean. But clean ones, including wheel wells, sure do complete the look.

I tend to clean the cars all at once, but there have been times I'll split it up, with interior/exterior on different days.

Edited by falcaineer

Amen. Wheels have become my least favorite things to clean. But clean ones, including wheel wells, sure do complete the look.

I tend to clean the cars all at once, but there have been times I'll split it up, with interior/exterior on different days.

same here, Ive tried different ways of cleaning, (doing all 4 tires first, then all 4 rims, or finish one wheel completely first, then jump to the next) and I cant seem to find a good work flow yet lol

I usually take advantage of Friday evening after work to clean the wheels on my vehicles.  I can easily spend 20 to 30 minutes per wheel on my Charger.......lots of spokes.  I'll clean one at a time and then dry completely with the Sidekick to avoid any water spots.  I don't bother setting up my pressure washer for a "wheels only" wash. I also don't bother applying any tire dressing until I wash the vehicle since I foam the wheels again during the exterior wash.

When I get the wheels done a day or two in advance, it allows me to focus my wash day (usually Sunday ) on the exterior paint and windows.  If I do wheels and exterior in the same day, I typically spend 4 or 5 hours including set-up and clean up time. 

This thing has become my detailing nightmare, errr obsession, errr therapy yeah therapy. It seems like I am always doing some form of daily cleaning or detailing.

Two weeks ago I actually found myself under the car on jacks cleaning the undercarriage with a rag and a spray bottle.  :help:

post-16107-0-05614600-1505179264_thumb.jpg

post-16107-0-34260700-1505179277_thumb.jpg

post-16107-0-31024000-1505179293_thumb.jpg

post-16107-0-96317200-1505179304_thumb.jpg

post-16107-0-99637400-1505179317_thumb.jpg

post-16107-0-12054800-1505179347_thumb.jpg