Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic Boost on a non ceramic coated car

dbeckC7

Question

I saw the video of Adam saying that ceramic boost can be used on non coated cars. So I have a few questions.

1. How often can you use Ceramic Boost?

2. If I do use Boost can I still use H20 Guard and Gloss?

3. Can I use Detail spray?

I'm not fully committed to ceramic coatings yet, but I'm still looking for some of the benefits that Ceramic Boost may offer. 

Or do I just stick to the traditional Wash, Polish, Wax, Guard and Gloss, Detail spray routine? B)

Any help would be appreciated!! There's so many options just trying to find out what the best one is for my paint and ease of use.

10 answers to this question

Good questions - I'm interested in this general topic as well.  I don't have a ceramic coating on my vehicle either but I received a bottle of Ceramic Boost in my last Mystery Bucket.  I plan to search some of the previous threads to see what related info I can gather but just haven't gotten around to doing so yet.

And with all that being said, I see that this was your 1st post so welcome to the Forum, Dion.  :welcomebanner: 

First, welcome! Be sure to post an intro in the New Member Check-in thread.

I probably can't completely answer all your questions, but I will offer the following:

1) Ceramic Boost is advertised to afford "several months" of protection. But keep in mind, as with all products, mileage will vary. For example, I tend to apply HGG every 4-6 washes, some do it a little more often, others a little less.

2) Yes, you can use both. But it would become an "either/or" not an "and" when you do apply it.

3) Yes, pretty sure you can.

Some on here, including Dan@Adams unless he's changed his approach recently, have switched completely from HGG to the Boost. Both are silica-based and both offer similar protection levels. I personally like the HGG better, including the delicious grape smell, but others like the (pistachio) boost. I love ease of appication for the HGG too, and have read some cases of difficulty removing the boost, but DST seem to help with that. I recommend you get both, try each out, and see what you prefer, taking advantage of the 110% guarantee if necessary.

I'm sure others will chime in and either agree, offer their own insights, or set me straight!

Edited by falcaineer

I've tried Boost but it added an extra step which makes my washes go over 2 hours. Thus taking me away from spending time with my 6 year old. Plus any over spray on the glass is a pain to get off and I had streaks on the paint that I could not get rid of. I also didn't think it beaded the water as well as the H2O G&G.

H2O G&G is very easy to use, applied while it's still wet as you dry. You can apply it over everything. Including the glass which means you won't need any Glass Sealant. Then I use Wash&Wax soap which prolongs the protection and water beading very nicely.

Guys first off thank you for the warm welcome ????????. I appreciate all of the help from you guys. It seems like gng will be the best for for me. It appears to be easy to use and works great on all surfaces.

Falcaineer I'll work on that intro post. Thanks again

You CAN use both, but it's overkill.  One or the other will work just fine (H20 or CB).  I use the H20 and have no issues using Detail Spray with it in between uses.  Not complaining at all about having to use sunglasses to look at my rides.  :glasses:

I haven't tried G&G yet, but I can tell you if I didn't have a coated car, I would not be using Boost. As others have said, it's not the easiest product to use. I use it cause I'm coated and the two products are designed to go together, and do so quite amazingly, but it is not a user friendly product like so many other options, IMO.

I use Ceramic Boost on my non-coated Ram, and it works like a dream. I've posted about this before - it's easy to use, too. I even use it in direct sunlight. I like it as much or better than my CarPro Reload. 

And yes, I use Adam's Detail Spray, and Optimum Detail spray over it. Both work well, as does Adam's Matte Detailer.

Viper is CQuartz coated, and I use Ceramic Boost and Matte Detailer on that.