Customer Service 866.965.0400

Interior upkeep

Red Rambler

Question

I have detailed my interior and used Leather and Interior cleaner on all interior plastic/rubber and followed up with Leather Conditioner. My question is now that it has been a few weeks, I am starting to see very light dusting, should I just go over the panels again with Leather conditioner or should I use Leather and Interior cleaner and then follow up with Leather conditioner? The panels are not dirty, just lightly dusted. I could also use a utility towel to knock the dust off, and then apply more Leather conditioner. Just trying to get the most out of my products here. Thanks.

24 answers to this question

This is where interior detailer would work best. If you dont have the interior detailer, you can use a microfiber and maybe spray the towel with some interior leaner to help wipe the dust off. I wouldnt reapply conditioner so soon tho

Thanks Chonke, I did receive a bottle of interior detailer in a MB a while back. I will give that a go, interior detailer and a utility towel.

I always reapply the LC at least on the dash and the tops of the door panels. Mainly for the added scent but the extra protection helps.

Thanks Chris, the added scent is so delightful. I guess at this point I am undecided which avenue I take. I was just afraid the interior detailer might remove some of the Leather Conditioner. I guess i will use the interior detailer and step #2 apply the Leather Conditioner to the top of the dash, and door panels as you suggested.

Vacuum the light dust off, using a soft brush attachment. Its faster than a wipe-down.

Even when I am going to do apply Leather Conditioner or Interior Detailer, I always vacuum first. This keeps from getting buldup in the cracks and crevices over time from wiping the dust around.

Only use the Leather & Interior Cleaner on dirty or soiled areas, not on light dust. It is a strong cleaner and should only be used for heavy cleaning, not for regular, weekly maintenance cleanings.

Vacuum the light dust off, using a soft brush attachment. Its faster than a wipe-down.

Even when I am going to do apply Leather Conditioner or Interior Detailer, I always vacuum first. This keeps from getting buldup in the cracks and crevices over time from wiping the dust around.

Only use the Leather & Interior Cleaner on dirty or soiled areas, not on light dust. It is a strong cleaner and should only be used for heavy cleaning, not for regular, weekly maintenance cleanings.

Thank you Dan. I just purchased a Ridgid WD4070, so that will give me a reason to use if for the 1st time. So which would be better to apply, the interior detailer or the leather conditioner? I have already applied the leather conditioner two weeks ago.

Thank you Dan. I just purchased a Ridgid WD4070, so that will give me a reason to use if for the 1st time. So which would be better to apply, the interior detailer or the leather conditioner? I have already applied the leather conditioner two weeks ago.

You don't really need to reapply any protection if you just applied Leather Conditioner two weeks ago.

Just vacuum the dust off. Wipe any fingerprints or smudges with Interior Detailer. Then reapply Leather Conditioner every two months or so. I will often reapply once a month to just the areas that get more contact (driver seat, console, armrest) then do the whole interior every 2-3 months.

Be careful with the brush attachment that came with your vacuum. The bristles are coarse and can scratch smooth plastic trim pieces and gauge screens. Pick up a soft one like this:

Shop-Vac 9018000 1 1/4-Inch Soft Bristle Auto Brush, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F1BYJZ0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_xiRWzb1TA2900

You don't really need to reapply any protection if you just applied Leather Conditioner two weeks ago.

Just vacuum the dust off. Wipe any fingerprints or smudges with Interior Detailer. Then reapply Leather Conditioner every two months or so. I will often reapply once a month to just the areas that get more contact (driver seat, console, armrest) then do the whole interior every 2-3 months.

Be careful with the brush attachment that came with your vacuum. The bristles are coarse and can scratch smooth plastic trim pieces and gauge screens. Pick up a soft one like this:

Shop-Vac 9018000 1 1/4-Inch Soft Bristle Auto Brush, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F1BYJZ0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_xiRWzb1TA2900

Thanks Dan, sounds like a great course of action. I will do just that. I also purchased the pro hose, which is 1 7/8" if I recall correctly. Pretty sure it comes with an adapter that will adapt down to 1 1/4". It is all boxed up, haven't even taken it out of the box yet.

This hose:

9033d243-28eb-4bdf-b145-e5ad782c55ba_100

While we are here...is it ok to use INTERIOR DETAILER weekly? I have been and everting seems fine, and my gallon will be here tomorrow :)

Yes, it will do no harm. Do you also use leather conditioner? Usually with the conditioner it helps keep the interior dust free for weeks. 

I do have the conditioner, i love it! And use to use it more often, until i read something on here a few months back, so i gave it a rest.

So since then, I’ve been using ID, a whole lot! So im glad i can keep up on that!

I’ve also used both on my wifes, 12hr old honda, and that thing literally looks brand new!!!

Thanks for the info!

I just got the Orange sidekick and it works great for blowing out dust from the interior. 

Interior detailer or the interior cleaner dusted onto a towel also works well. 

Detail spray for nav/touch screens

My Hubbs got me the orange sidekick last year. Unfortunately I had an accident with mine, causing it to fall to the the tile floor bending one of the feet. Though I tried to bend it back, it has a bit of wobble when I set it down--if I'm not careful. :( whoops! But it is a tank and still works perfectly. They are great little machines.

I have a 4 month old SUV that I used LC on about 2 months ago. I've been using Interior Detailer weekly but will do another LC this weekend since the new leather really soaked this stuff up. So far it looks amazing and I am looking forward to many years of perfect looking leather :) 

On 10/4/2017 at 9:38 PM, Nickfire20 said:

I do have the conditioner, i love it! And use to use it more often, until i read something on here a few months back, so i gave it a rest.

So since then, I’ve been using ID, a whole lot! So im glad i can keep up on that!

I’ve also used both on my wifes, 12hr old honda, and that thing literally looks brand new!!!

Thanks for the info!

Not sure what you read about the Leather Conditioner. It's the only thing I use and have for as long as it's been out.  Love it.  I've traded cars in and the seats  and dash were still showroom new even after 5 or more years.  No build up, plus it keeps the leathers and vinyls soft and protected from fading from the sun.  You sure you didn't get it confused with the Leather Cleaner?  That stuff can be pretty strong and you should always condition after you use the cleaner.  

8 hours ago, Rich said:

Not sure what you read about the Leather Conditioner. It's the only thing I use and have for as long as it's been out.  Love it.  I've traded cars in and the seats  and dash were still showroom new even after 5 or more years.  No build up, plus it keeps the leathers and vinyls soft and protected from fading from the sun.  You sure you didn't get it confused with the Leather Cleaner?  That stuff can be pretty strong and you should always condition after you use the cleaner.  

Honestly i dont remember writing the above.  I still use both, but i use ID weekly,  my truck is a year and half old and looks and smells brand new,  my wifes is a 2006, and it has made a total 360, utilizing, Adams interior products!