Customer Service 866.965.0400

Seat swap XK or WK Jeep

BrianT

The left side bolster on my driver seat has cracks in the "leather" the drivers seat and pass seat bottoms are identical except for how the mount! Reading up on this over on a jeep forum, the guy took the seat bottoms out and put nutcerts(sp?) as they bolt up very differently. I wasn't about to buy a tool for this, my plane was to remove the seat covers and swap them over. I put heated seats in my Ram and it took no time at all!! I removed the 2 8mm bolts per seat, I was surprised that only 2 bolts kept the seat bottoms in. My plan that I thought was a good one turn bad fast! The seat seams were not held in by Velcro like my Rams were, the had a metal rod going through metal loops in the foam. Bummer. I grabbed the seat and flipped it around and the metal seat pan fell out... Could it really be that easy?? I took the other seat apart, just undid the 4 plastic strips and again the metal pan just came out! Switched the metal pans reclipped the leather covers and back in the Jeep they went! Now, yes the left side of the pass seat has the cracks, but I knew if I didn't do this soon I'd be looking at all new seat covers and I'd rather save my money for other stuff.

0 money spent and still got the job done!!

Edited by BrianT