Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's Foam Gun (the less expensive one)

I bought my Adam's regular ($40) foam gun about 6 months ago, I used it around 10 or so times and notices on the last wash that the hose piece started leaking...I only store it in the garage in a box with other detailing supplies and put it on the hose only when washing. When I came to use it a few weeks ago, when I let go of the trigger and water leaks from the orifice. I'm wondering if someone else has experienced this...It's a little disappointing, I understand it's less expensive but doesn't mean it should leak...  :(  :(  :unsure: 

Sorry to hear that boss, I was so tempted to getting it, and saving $50 but then I was looking at what makes it different, and I think the key components are plastic and not copper/stainless. I ended up opting for the premium for that same reason.

40 bucks is still 40 bucks. I don’t have the foam gun because I can’t justify its use, but I would check to see if there’s any leaking O-rings or cracked plastic. Maybe try Teflon tape on connections that don’t utilize o-rings. If it’s nothing simple that you can fix with a trick then call into Adams for more help or a replacement.

Sorry to hear that boss, I was so tempted to getting it, and saving $50 but then I was looking at what makes it different, and I think the key components are plastic and not copper/stainless. I ended up opting for the premium for that same reason.

thanks man! I contemplated getting the premium but I don't wash anything except my car so I figured save some dough. What gets me is that it's the nozzle not the connection that's leaking. The hose connection okay. Haven't noticed much leaking. More the area where the nozzle connects to the bottle Edited by mathews31

40 bucks is still 40 bucks. I don’t have the foam gun because I can’t justify its use, but I would check to see if there’s any leaking O-rings or cracked plastic. Maybe try Teflon tape on connections that don’t utilize o-rings. If it’s nothing simple that you can fix with a trick then call into Adams for more help or a replacement.

Not a bad idea Mariner. I'll check maybe there's something around the nozzle

thanks man! I contemplated getting the premium but I don't wash anything except my car so I figured save some dough. What gets me is that it's the nozzle not the connection that's leaking. The hose connection okay. Haven't noticed much leaking. More the area where the nozzle connects to the bottle

yeah, I see what you mean, I haven't received mine yet, but ill check the nozzle and see what can be different 

MIne seems to leak when the foam gun isn't hooked up pretty bad.  But when it's hooked up it doesn't leak, I've noticed it getting worse about the last 2-3 times I have used it. I haven't had the time to pull it apart but I'm interested if you find anything. 

MIne seems to leak when the foam gun isn't hooked up pretty bad.  But when it's hooked up it doesn't leak, I've noticed it getting worse about the last 2-3 times I have used it. I haven't had the time to pull it apart but I'm interested if you find anything.

EXACTLY. you hit it on the head. When you hook it up it's okay but the hose alone leaks pretty annoyingly

Mine orginally leaked from where the black coupler connected to the hose end, I put a garden hose gasket in there and it fixed it for a bit, but now it leaks from the inside.  I use mine enough I should probally just buy the nicer one.

A leak there I could understand because like the hose could be rusty or something similar or just not fit great, but like leaking inside really is a let down. 

Were you able to fix it? Or did you call Adams?

I haven't tried either, I don't want to contact them cause I just had an issue with my SK they might think I'm lying... :( 

also I bought it from a dealer so I feel maybe they won't fix it

Edited by mathews31

I haven't tried either, I don't want to contact them cause I just had an issue with my SK they might think I'm lying... :(

also I bought it from a dealer so I feel maybe they won't fix it

If it’s an adams product then they should honor it, regardless of the middle man. They pocketed that money somewhere along the line. Also, that foam gun is essentially an Adams patented item, since they broadcasted it as being the alternative to the premium. Definitely give them a call regardless. Adams customer service really is incredible.

If it’s an adams product then they should honor it, regardless of the middle man. They pocketed that money somewhere along the line. Also, that foam gun is essentially an Adams patented item, since they broadcasted it as being the alternative to the premium. Definitely give them a call regardless. Adams customer service really is incredible.

I might try giving them a call or sending them a message after I try the set up again. Maybe take a video of what my issue is and see what  they say. Their customer service is definitely AAA1. 

It's actually not a patented item, as other detailing companies have a similar model to our standard foam gun, but we will absolutely help out if a product is giving issues. If it was purchased from one of our authorized resellers, I would recommend to contact them first to see if they can help immediately with repair or replacement of an item; however, if an item was purchased directly from us, it's best to contact us first.

I might try giving them a call or sending them a message after I try the set up again. Maybe take a video of what my issue is and see what  they say. Their customer service is definitely AAA1. 

If you can email over the video to tips@adamspolishes.com, we can take a look no problem! I've skimmed through this thread and I'm having a little difficulty understanding where exactly it is leaking from? Is it the connection between the hose and the bottom of the red spray nozzle, or the plastic quick connect that connects the barrel to the red spray nozzle? There may be a slight amount of leaking due to the nature of how it's sealing plastic to plastic (even my Premium Foam Gun leaks a small amount with the stainless quick connect and rubber washers after several years of use), but it should not impact effectiveness of how it foams.

Let me know if you have any questions, thanks!

It's actually not a patented item, as other detailing companies have a similar model to our standard foam gun, but we will absolutely help out if a product is giving issues. If it was purchased from one of our authorized resellers, I would recommend to contact them first to see if they can help immediately with repair or replacement of an item; however, if an item was purchased directly from us, it's best to contact us first.

My mistake with wording. When I said "patented" I was more referring to that it was heavily advertised by Adams as being the solution to purchasers that didn't want to spend the $100 on the premium version. 

With that being said, I hope the OP finds a solution to his leaking issue. 

If you can email over the video to tips@adamspolishes.com, we can take a look no problem! I've skimmed through this thread and I'm having a little difficulty understanding where exactly it is leaking from? Is it the connection between the hose and the bottom of the red spray nozzle, or the plastic quick connect that connects the barrel to the red spray nozzle? There may be a slight amount of leaking due to the nature of how it's sealing plastic to plastic (even my Premium Foam Gun leaks a small amount with the stainless quick connect and rubber washers after several years of use), but it should not impact effectiveness of how it foams.

Let me know if you have any questions, thanks!

Dan

It leaks out of the Black Plastic Quick Connect, without the foam gun attached, and the handle not pressed.  It doesn't really effect the way it works, more annoying than anything.  I might attribute mine to being dropped a time or two, but I was going to look to see if there was junk inside that maybe had stuck something open and made it so it wouldn't close all the way with the handle depressed.

It could also be the adjustment nut on the back side. When you push the handle down, it pulls against a nut threaded onto the plunger stem. This nut, if too tight, could be preventing the plunger from fully seating, causing it to leak out of the front of the nozzle. Back the nut off a little and see if that fixes anything

• 2 weeks later...

It could also be the adjustment nut on the back side. When you push the handle down, it pulls against a nut threaded onto the plunger stem. This nut, if too tight, could be preventing the plunger from fully seating, causing it to leak out of the front of the nozzle. Back the nut off a little and see if that fixes anything

The adjustment knob doesn't help, my trigger takes a good2 seconds to return to the starting position, it's upsetting

• 1 month later...

SO just an update to anyone reading this, I called my dealer Lukas at Detail Giant in Deer Park, NY, and he took care of it with no issues. He contacted me and said he'd call his person on the other end,  after a week or so he contacted me saying he had it. Mind you I could've picked it up and saved him shipping, but he insisted to send it to me to save me the time and gas. So if you're in NY and need a dealer DETAIL GIANT is the man. Thanks Lukas