Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's shipping charges

$12?? Geez you live in Maine? (Lol I find that funny because I used to live there) But for real I can ship from Florida to Cali in a USPS priority regional rate for $10, and that’s a 2 day delivery. I keep saying Adams needs to revamp their shipping options but every time I do I get dumped all over... small company, small staff, etc. Your best bet would be to find a local dealer or buy elsewhere.

Once the box leave Adams they have no control over how long it take the shipping company to deliver something. I can order a box Fed ex 2 day (which is cheapest for me) and I usually get it in 3 to 4 days because of where I live.

For me here getting a box in 3-4 days is fast. So you guys don’t realize how lucky you are you can even get ground freight.

Edited by FrozenWS6

Simple fix it’s time to move to Colorado that way you can just show up and pick it up!

Once the box leave Adams they have no control over how long it take the shipping company to deliver something. I can order a box Fed ex 2 day (which is cheapest for me) and I usually get it in 3 to 4 days because of where I live.

For me here getting a box in 3-4 days is fast. So you guys don’t realize how lucky you are you can even get ground freight.

Some companies also ship small things for free. There is a company that I've used that ships all their products for free in the continental US. I will say all they ship are towels but like I have heard that if you want to save some on shipping you can ask them over the phone to ship like something small in an envelope. I think

It’s not really a Adam’s fault on shipping costs, in fact, when you think about the weight of some of these packages, it’s downright cheap.

But I still hate paying $8 everytime. Especially because I usually forget something and have to place a second order later that day or early the next. That second $8 is a b*tch. I k ow it’s lile a stupid tax, but I don’t like paying it.

I ship a fair amount of product at work and shipping costs are NUTS. Even with our discounts it can be stupid what the costs are getting up to, and no one wants to pay for it. I dont blame Adams for the costs of the shipping while I do think the automated system has some issues ie buying something small like just stickers or one micro fiber towel is not being calculated accurately I do think that the smaller boxes are fairly easy and are about correct for an average. If you just want a couple towels give them a call they can probably get you a better more realistic number. 

With that said, I personally have been able to time a lot of things with sales so that I can get into either the free shipping or at least the flat rate shipping when offered. I loved the wish list when it first came out just for that, made it easy when say a Mystery Box showed up and I wanted some towels, just added them to the order and got the free shipping. I do realize that folks dont always have $100 waiting to spend on detail supplies, but looking at the past and making some assumptions on the future there are at least 12-15 sales a year, that works out to about 1 per month and typically they offer free shipping with them and a discount. Save up a little bit each month and you can place a nice big order and take advantage of the free shipping and maybe even one of the rare 20% off sales. 

You can either have it fast or cheap, but you can't have it fast and cheap.  Shipping like everything else in life has gone up.  Look at the price of a new car.  And personally I don't think they are built like they used to be.  Look at the cost of a stamp.  I remember when I started mailing things it was 10 cents to mail a first class letter, now it is 49 cents.  Some may remember when it was cheaper than 10 cents.  I remember doing some drywall and halfway thru my project the price went up and bucket size went from a 5 gallon bucket to 4.5 gallons.  I'm sure there are lots of other examples out there.   

Personally I have no issues with Adams shipping costs, it is the cost of doing business.  Wages and energy commodities have gone up too.  Probably the craziest price I have ever paid for shipping (non Adams) was a for a spring that cost $2.  The shipping for that spring that was about 1/8 inch long was $8.  It could have fit in a first class envelope easily.  It showed up in a box that was roughly a 4x4x4.  

The other thing to remember is shipping rates are computer generated averages.  There are way too many variables for any company to exactly calculate shipping costs on every product combination that they may sell.  They may profit from some and loose on others.     

Up here in Canada, I'm jealous of your shipping rates. I'm temped to go elsewhere (to a local distributor) but the sales, and mystery boxes/buckets keep me coming back to the source.

Same! Unless you have a local distributor, shipping is crazy in Canada. I found when I sold stuff on Ebay, I had a hard time making profit. I had to eat some of the shipping cost, because US and other sellers could charge say $2, when I had to pay $15 for shipping. 

Anyone notice the shipping costs are high?  It seems the shipping gets jacked up for a sale.  Regular mail deliver for 2 microfiber towels and bottle of detail spray for almost $12?

$12?? Geez you live in Maine? (Lol I find that funny because I used to live there) But for real I can ship from Florida to Cali in a USPS priority regional rate for $10, and that’s a 2 day delivery. I keep saying Adams needs to revamp their shipping options but every time I do I get dumped all over... small company, small staff, etc. Your best bet would be to find a local dealer or buy elsewhere.

Unfortunately revamping shipping is not really an option. We meet regularly with FedEx and USPS to find the best possible rates. Huge companies like Amazon with much larger amounts of inventory get much better rates than us, and that's the simple fact of the situation. Shipping liquids also adds more due to volume and weight, which we don't have control over. 

Local dealers can usually help out if you don't have enough products to hit the free shipping limits that we offer. I do understand the frustration, and believe me, SmartPost is a huge headache from a customer service perspective for me and my coworkers as well, so it's not just the customers that have issues with shipping ;)

Adam’s needs to update their dealer list. The first two dealers listed for my area are no longer around

We're currently having an issue with the dealer locator where unfortunately we cannot update it until our developers resolve this problem. I do apologize for the inconvenience. Please send me a PM or email us with the dealers and we can get that squared away when we're able to.

For me it is usually cheaper to buy from Adams and pay the shipping, than to go to a dealer.  The dealer close to me usually charges 3-5$ more a bottle and usually has the older version of things. 

Hi there, if you don't mind, please PM me the name of this dealer and I can pass it along to Ben for investigation.

We're currently having an issue with the dealer locator where unfortunately we cannot update it until our developers resolve this problem. I do apologize for the inconvenience. Please send me a PM or email us with the dealers and we can get that squared away when we're able to.

Hi there, if you don't mind, please PM me the name of this dealer and I can pass it along to Ben for investigation.

Dan, no apology necessary. It truly isn't that big of an issue. I was just pointing out my experience. I am still a big fan and will continue to be. But, at the same time, I wonder if the experience might be a detriment to those who aren't as fanatical about your products as I am. 

For me it is usually cheaper to buy from Adams and pay the shipping, than to go to a dealer. The dealer close to me usually charges 3-5$ more a bottle and usually has the older version of things.

Since the dealer probably isn’t getting free freight. That’s to keep from absorbing the freight charges that can kill a small business. Edited by FrozenWS6

Simple fix it’s time to move to Colorado that way you can just show up and pick it up!

You wouldn’t want to see how much it costs to move in or out of Alaska. Plus I’d take a big pay cut doing that. Lol

Edited by FrozenWS6