Customer Service 866.965.0400

No More Cyclo

Chevydude

Question

8 answers to this question

I have the cyclo and the swirl killer mini. I bought the cyclo awhile back thinking I would save up and buy the rupes mini. That way I would only have to buy the 4” pads for both machines. I just recently bought the swirl killer mini. I really like both machines. The cyclo is more than capable for anything I would polish. I have paint corrected my 2011 Yukon and removed several scratches from my friends 2015 Tahoe.

Just to keep you up to speed, Rupes own cyclo and both machines are made in Colorado and Rupes is a Italian company. You may want to hot this guy up he had a cyclo for sale for a very good price. As for detailing a car with a cyclo, I don’t have all day to mess around.

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/32857-cyclo-200-other-items-for-trade-updated-515/

Got an email yesterday that they are no longer carrying Rupes. I'm on the fence whether to go elsewhere for the Cyclo or try the Swirl Killer. I'm a big supporter of US Made products so I'm leaning toward Cyclo.

I have the cyclo and the swirl killer mini. I bought the cyclo awhile back thinking I would save up and buy the rupes mini. That way I would only have to buy the 4” pads for both machines. I just recently bought the swirl killer mini. I really like both machines. The cyclo is more than capable for anything I would polish. I have paint corrected my 2011 Yukon and removed several scratches from my friends 2015 Tahoe.

Im with you on the pads, its great to not have to stock different sizes. I was lucky enough to get a rupes mini and I really love the abilities of each of them. I have not run into a problem I cannot handle with this pair. The Cyclo is speedy and SMOOTH which makes it a pleasure to use. The mini is just a handful of power and easily handles anything that the cyclo might not want to fight with. 

We have both the Rupes and the Cyclo in the shop.  Since getting the Rupes machines, we find that we use the Cyclo a little less than previously.  The Rupes seem to be the "go to" that both of us tend to reach for given the chance.  If we are both working on a vehicle together, one will use a Rupes, the other a Cyclo (typically in a one following the other manner; example one putting down correcting polish while the other follows with finishing polish). 

All of that being said, you can't go wrong with either choice.  They're durable, work well and will last a long time.  Or you could always go the Adam's Swirl Killer route.  For the price of one of the Rupes or Cyclo machines, you can probably get the SK combo giving you the larger and smaller polisher for similar money.  This would fulfill all of your needs for the most part without breaking the bank.  Especially if you picked them up while they were on sale.  Food for thought.

I have the cyclo, the swirl kilker, and the mini swirl killer. Lke them all. The cycle is great especially for someone new to using as you are less likely to "burn" your paint. You can order the Cyclo directly from them and as well the clay pads since Adams is no longer offering. That being I have used the swirl killer & mini as well and they work great & are easy/fast. I wasn't used to how easy the speed levels change and slung correcting polish all around...No big issue as it only went on the windshield so was easy to clean. But it did a great job and was a bit faster than using the cyclone. The mini is great as there are areas on my camaros & corvette where the cyclo was to big to get.

Edited by Liralen