Customer Service 866.965.0400

Polisher Opinion

jeepweekend

Question

12 answers to this question

Ive personally never used the cyclo, but it just looks like such a hassle to use. Ive heard its actually very smooth and easy to use, but IDK if its the size or the fact that you need to use 2 pads just make it very inconvenient for me. Plus I like that you can change the backing plate size on most DA polishers and work in smaller more difficult areas. 

You'll be much better off getting the Swirl Killer Combo. Having two polishers, one with a 6" pad and one with a 4" pad, gives you more flexibility than the dual-pad Cyclo.

And this current sale means you can save 20% on the Swirl Killer Combo, bringing the cost down to $288. That's $92 less than the cost of the Cyclo.

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/exterior/polishing/adam-s-swirl-killer-15mm-12mm-combo.html

You'll be much better off getting the Swirl Killer Combo. Having two polishers, one with a 6" pad and one with a 4" pad, gives you more flexibility than the dual-pad Cyclo.

And this current sale means you can save 20% on the Swirl Killer Combo, bringing the cost down to $288. That's $92 less than the cost of the Cyclo.

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/exterior/polishing/adam-s-swirl-killer-15mm-12mm-combo.html

this just order the combo, i've never used a cyclo before but seeing as how i "HAD" to get a swirl killer mini to finish up a a car i was polishing i'd image it'd be hard to use the cyclo on the smaller areas.

I like my Cyclo, I dont have any issue with it. The rumors are correct this thing is SMOOTH to operate, hard to beat in that category. True it does not keep up with a forced rotation machine but that is a different animal. What I have is the Cyclo and a Rupes Mini, they both take the same pads, which keeps my pad stock to the same size. If I am just doing a small area I can pull out the mini, if its a rough job I can use the MF pads on the mini and take advantage of the power it has, if as in most cases its just needed to keep up on the paint or bring back minimal work the cyclo covers ground in no time. No worries on what size pad I need to use, they are all the same which keeps my back stock of needed pads minimal . 

Just something to think about, once you get the car near perfect its not hard to keep it there. With that said its really hard to beat the swirl killer price point. Thou I will say the Cyclo is a world class product and the manufacturing shows it. 

Agree with Jim above.  Although I have other polishers, Rupes Mark II, Rupes Mini, and Flex, the Cyclo is my go to polisher for finish polishing as it is so smooth and vibration free, and actually does get into smaller areas just by rotating or turning the machine to position it properly.

Have used the Swirl Killers, and they are a GREAT BUY at the price point, and a great tool set to get someone who doesn't perform numerous corrections on a regular basis started in detailing.

I have a cyclo and love it . As mentioned all ready there's not an issue getting it into small places. It has a 16 mm throw that corrects very well and it's butter smooth. It's made in the USA if that's important to you and every part of that machine is serviceable not just the brushes. It's a machine that will last and last

So just following up on this one. I went with the Swirl Killer and I'm generally happy with the results achieved from it. I was able to correct a few deep scratches on my MDX and remove the scratches and swirling on my hood. Think I may still grab a Cyclo though. I like that it's a US made product.

Cyclo is a USA made product with a facility in Colorado.  In 2015 the company was acquired by Rupes.  Then the Colorado Cyclo facility became Rupes USA division.  But to what I understand the Cyclo is still produced there.

I have a cyclo, it was in the first large kit that I purchased from Adams back in 2013.  Now granted I do not use it as much as some people, but it has been great these last four years.  Then just this year I purchased the swirlkiller and swirlkiller mini.  I like all three.  The cyclo is great when my hand/wrist hurt from holding the Swirlkillers...unfortunately it is not good on curves or small areas.