Customer Service 866.965.0400

Washing different towels together?

coops18ZR2

Question

Hello all,

This question may have been asked already but in reading through different posts for the last 20 min I haven't found the answer yet. 

I'm gonna be washing all my towels for the first time and was wondering if it is ok/recommended to wash them all together, i.e. borderless grey plush towel with double soft polishing towel, green glass cleaning towel, GWDT, Adam's ultra plush microfiber drying towel, pretty much any of the Adams towels?  Or, should the different styles and types be washed separately? 

I will do a full clean cycle on my washing machine and then do another rinse cycle to make sure the bleach is evac'd from the washer and I will also completely clean out my dryer as well before putting any of these towels in there.

I will be using Adam's microfiber revitalizer & brightener to wash all my towels. 

Any advice and tips on a good sound process are welcome!

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Tony

13 answers to this question

Beemer,

Thanks for the tip.  The towels I use for the H2O G&G are ones that I was wondering about.  My initial thinking is that it would be ok to wash all of the white polishing and microfiber towels together and do the ones used for sealant/wax application separate. 

I wasn't sure on what folks are doing and any other recommendations so I wanted to ask before I did something stupid and ruin a bunch of nice towels!!

Tony

I have found that H2O effects the towels long-term much more than any other sealant or wax. Now, that you mention it, though, I do wash the towels used to remove Paint Sealant and Glass Selant with the towels used to apply and remove H2OGG.

Wax, Glaze, Dry, Rinseless, Waterless, Glass cleaning, polish removal, etc.  I wash all of these together and have not had any problems.

I have what I call my clean dirty towels and my utility ones. They stay separate thru life at this point, 

Clean towels are anything I use for nominal cleaning such as wax removal, detail spray wipe downs, usually waterless washes, glass towels, interior towels. 

Utility towels are things that got used on wheels, or tires, or something used that would have gotten some heavy debris in them that might not wash out. These towels tend to become or stay as wheel towels, and other real grunt work towels. 

I wash them in these groups and store these Utility type towels separately from my regular towels. Depending on how much work I have done by the time I do some laundry the clean towels may or may not get separated into sub groups to get laundered. 

I have found that H2O effects the towels long-term much more than any other sealant or wax. Now, that you mention it, though, I do wash the towels used to remove Paint Sealant and Glass Selant with the towels used to apply and remove H2OGG.

Wax, Glaze, Dry, Rinseless, Waterless, Glass cleaning, polish removal, etc.  I wash all of these together and have not had any problems.

Interesting, had not thought about washing the sealant/H2O towels separately, but that is a good point....

Pirahnah3,  thanks for the break down on towels that's pretty much how I look at things when it comes to the towels and how I break them down into category.

Falcaineer, many thanks for posting the link, I pinned that to my internet toolbar menu for quick reference in the future.  That was a good read with a lot of useful info!

Thanks everyone for the responses and info!  I cleaned out the washer and dryer followed by a couple extra rinse cycles on the washer to make sure it was clean.  From there I did my first actual washes using the Microfiber Revitalizer and dryed the towels on low heat for one cycle and then followed with a couple air fluff cycles to get them completely dry.  I did all the towels used for washing and drying in one load and the towels used for H2O G&G in a different load  The end result was great, the towels came out looking and feeling like new again.  Next up is my utility towels used on wheels and such followed by applicator pads.

Again, many thanks to everyone for their responses and suggestions........it has provided a great deal of help and knowledge!

Tony

I wash all mine together but I have not used my H2O G&G yet so those towels will get washed separately with a little more specialized treatment. I did stain my single soft towels pink by washing them with another manufactures big soft red drying towel. No damage done but my wife did laugh at me when they came out pink stating "don't you know by now... at age 54... not to wash darks with whites :)". 

Edited by tomsch63

9 minutes ago, tomsch63 said:

I wash all mine together but I have not used my H2O G&G yet so those towels will get washed separately with a little more specialized treatment. I did stain my single soft towels pink by washing them with another manufactures big soft red drying towel. No damage done but my wife did laugh at me when they came out pink stating "don't you know by know... at age 54... not to wash darks with whites :)". 

No worries Tom............you could always tell your wife  "it takes a tough man to use a pink single soft towel".  :lol:

7 hours ago, tomsch63 said:

I wash all mine together but I have not used my H2O G&G yet so those towels will get washed separately with a little more specialized treatment. I did stain my single soft towels pink by washing them with another manufactures big soft red drying towel. No damage done but my wife did laugh at me when they came out pink stating "don't you know by now... at age 54... not to wash darks with whites :)". 

:lolsmack:  Dummy.  :lolsmack: