• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 GerryC

GerryC

(/¯–‿・)/¯

• Administrators
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 04:58 PM

Update 10/20: Upgrade is currently planned for Monday 10/23.

Update 10/18: theme has been finalized. Upgrade should happen in a few days.

Update 10/6: current estimated time for upgrade is towards the end of next week.

Hello everyone,

I am excited to announce that we will soon be upgrading the forum here at Adam's. The new version of this software will provide our community with a number of new features, as well as performance and security enhancements.

The forum will be offline for about an hour during this process, though we don't yet have a hard date that this will be taking place. The upgrade is primarily being handled by the support and design staff at Invision, and I will update this post as they provide additional information.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Gerry
  • Chris@Adams, Dan@Adams, blcksilv08 and 5 others like this
stable.jpg

#2 Rich

Rich

Detailing Addict

• Moderators
  • 14,177 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:29 PM

Hopefully I can get my sig pic back. I feel so naked!  :lolsmack:

• Dan@Adams likes this

2013 427 60th ANNIVERSARY EDITION CORVETTE :
2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe

#3 mc2hill

mc2hill

Master AF Detailer

• Official Product Tester
  • 7,643 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:31 AM

Thanks for the heads up Gerry.  Hope you are doing well.

Paying for my sins of nutrition at the steps of Lanny Potts

#4 GerryC

GerryC

(/¯–‿・)/¯

• Administrators
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 07:02 PM

Thanks guys.

The design team estimates that the new theme will be ready by midweek next week. The software upgrade will begin shortly after we approve the new design. I will try to get a preview of the design posted beforehand.

• Dan@Adams likes this
stable.jpg

#5 Dan@Adams

Dan@Adams

I detail...a lot

• Administrators
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 07:42 PM

Looking forward to this update! It's been long overdue, but with everything else going on, it's hard to find the time to make sure things go smoothly.

A HUGE thank you to Gerry and Chris for working with the developers and taking on this project to get our forum updated and better than ever! We truly do appreciate the time you spend here on top of your normal day jobs, and I couldn't have done it without you! 

• blcksilv08 and Nickfire20 like this

vb1cRcI.png
2016 Chevrolet SS LS3 daily driver | 2006 GTO LS2 show toy | 2002 Sonoma LS1 charity road rally truck

adamspolishes.com | Toll Free: 866.965.0400 | ​facebook.com/adamspolishes | instagram.com/adamspolishes

​Use the code SHINEON for 10% off your next order​

#6 mathews31

mathews31

Master AF Detailer

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:00 PM

Sounds like it's going to be great...maybe they can make me a founding member cause technically it's a new design  :D  :D  :D  :D

2010 Dodge Charger SXT

Thank God for every breath

#7 Junior

Junior

Master AF Detailer

• Members
  • 576 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:20 AM

Are you guys doing any pre production site members can go and check out before the roll out?

#8 GerryC

GerryC

(/¯–‿・)/¯

• Administrators
  • 2,179 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:15 AM

Sorry for the delay, everyone. We were going back and forth with the design team for a bit, but other obligations pulled me away from working on this. We just approved the design, so they should be moving forward with the upgrade soon.

We ended up going with a more modern take on the current skin in order to keep things somewhat similar and reduce any re-learning curve. I've attached a preview of it applied to their test forum. The final version may differ slightly and we will have the ability to make tweaks to it once the upgrade is complete.

Attached Thumbnails

• adamsforums42.png

• TheWolf, falcaineer and Nickfire20 like this
stable.jpg

#9 pirahnah3

pirahnah3

Master AF Detailer

• Members
  • 2,534 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:45 AM

Thanks for all the hard work, having been in that position before I can understand the work you are putting in. The countless hours and sleepless nights to make things right. Thanks! 

#10 8675309Maro

8675309Maro

Master AF Detailer

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:45 AM

Please consider moving the quote, report, more reply options, and post buttons towards the middle of the screen. When scrolling on IPad those buttons are right in the path of the right handed scrolling action. Regardless, looking forward to your enhancements. Thanks!

#11 GerryC

GerryC

(/¯–‿・)/¯

• Administrators
  • 2,179 posts

Posted Today, 01:11 PM

Looks like they are aiming for Monday to do the upgrade.

From there we will see how the new theme reacts on different browsers and devices. It's likely that iPad bug is inherent to the current version since it's so old.
stable.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users