Customer Service 866.965.0400

Forum Upgrade

GerryC

Update 10/23: The upgrade is complete. Please use the Forum Support area to report any issues you may come across, and we will make efforts to address them.

Please note that at first the forum may seem slow - this is due to a number of background processes (indexing, etc) that are still running, and should subside as the day progresses.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 10/20: Upgrade is currently planned for Monday 10/23.

Update 10/18: theme has been finalized. Upgrade should happen in a few days.

Update 10/6: current estimated time for upgrade is towards the end of next week.

Hello everyone,

I am excited to announce that we will soon be upgrading the forum here at Adam's. The new version of this software will provide our community with a number of new features, as well as performance and security enhancements.

The forum will be offline for about an hour during this process, though we don't yet have a hard date that this will be taking place. The upgrade is primarily being handled by the support and design staff at Invision, and I will update this post as they provide additional information.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Gerry

Looking forward to this update! It's been long overdue, but with everything else going on, it's hard to find the time to make sure things go smoothly.

A HUGE thank you to Gerry and Chris for working with the developers and taking on this project to get our forum updated and better than ever! We truly do appreciate the time you spend here on top of your normal day jobs, and I couldn't have done it without you! 

Sorry for the delay, everyone. We were going back and forth with the design team for a bit, but other obligations pulled me away from working on this. We just approved the design, so they should be moving forward with the upgrade soon.

We ended up going with a more modern take on the current skin in order to keep things somewhat similar and reduce any re-learning curve. I've attached a preview of it applied to their test forum. The final version may differ slightly and we will have the ability to make tweaks to it once the upgrade is complete.

adamsforums42.png

Please consider moving the quote, report, more reply options, and post buttons towards the middle of the screen. When scrolling on IPad those buttons are right in the path of the right handed scrolling action. Regardless, looking forward to your enhancements. Thanks!

The upgrade is complete. Please use the Forum Support area to report any issues you may come across, and we will make efforts to address them. Please note that at first the forum may seem slow - this is due to a number of background processes (indexing, etc) that are still running, and should subside as the day progresses.

• GerryC pinned this topic
1 hour ago, avimore said:

Not sure if this is something I can change in my personal settings, but when I click on "unread content" and then click on a topic that has multiple pages, it should go directly to the last page instead of the first page.  I believe this was how it was set up previously.

Fixed it.  I edited the Unread Content stream to go to the last unread post in the thread.  Try it out and let me know if it is not working for you.

1 hour ago, avimore said:

Not sure if this is something I can change in my personal settings, but when I click on "unread content" and then click on a topic that has multiple pages, it should go directly to the last page instead of the first page.  I believe this was how it was set up previously.

And now I just found that if you click on the little black dot or star next to the thread title, it takes you to the first unread post. 

Unread post.jpg