Customer Service 866.965.0400

Question for the experts

TexWalker

Question

Adam’s makes great products that go on and, more importantly, come off very easy. Other manufactures don’t. Makes me wonder why that is. Do other manufacturers not are about ease of use or is it way more expensive to make a product that is easy to use or is there some benefit to making something that hardens so significantly that maybe the Adam’s team thinks isn’t worth the trade off?

Would a wax, for example, that is a little tougher to remove, last longer on the vehicle?

Just wondering

7 answers to this question

Adam's Polishes isn't the cheapest products out there, and because you're paying a higher price you get the benefit of a product that has been thought out to give the end user a very happy experience in both applying the products and removing said products. You pay more, but it's sooo worth it!!

I don’t disagree.

I just know that everything is a compromise, every time. And I also know there is no such thing as the perfect product. There are always trade offs.

My question is what is the trade off for easy on-easy off

Absolutely ZERO negative anything about Adam’s, I easily have spent $1000 over the past year with these guys, and have absolutely no complaints (other than in out of wheel cleaner and I don’t want to pay shipping), I just want a discussion about the product

I don’t disagree.

I just know that everything is a compromise, every time. And I also know there is no such thing as the perfect product. There are always trade offs.

My question is what is the trade off for easy on-easy off

..., I just want a discussion about the product

Are you referencing a specific product? 

Most premium products will be easier to use than a similar product from the auto parts store.  The trade off is the premium price.  The auto parts store version will use cheaper ingredients, and be easier to the majority of users, but will probably not give the same resuluts.  Adam's products are designed primarily for a 'pro-sumer' market, some one that enjoys spending time taking care of their own cars.  

We can discuss any of the products you have insight on.

Wax, for example.

As the solvents flash off, the polymers and carnuba are left behind. It seems logical that the harder the wax components that are left behind, the harder the finish but also the harder to wipe off.

I’m asking if Adam’s made it a little harder to remove, would the product be more durable

We can discuss any of the products you have insight on.

Wax, for example.

As the solvents flash off, the polymers and carnuba are left behind. It seems logical that the harder the wax components that are left behind, the harder the finish but also the harder to wipe off.

I’m asking if Adam’s made it a little harder to remove, would the product be more durable

I dont think so, but i only say that because on neutral forums and write ups that I have read, everyone speaks of the low durability of carnauba. Its not just an adams thing.

Also, i read in an article, that turtle wax and the like, ask their chemist to make a product, and puts them on a budget. And that Adam, asks his chemist to make a product, gives the parameters, and basically says dont stop til you have it just right (he doesnt give them a price margin). So with that, they come up with a perfect product.

Carnauba waxes will be less durable than something like our Paint Sealant, due to things like lower melting temperatures when compared to a synthetic sealant. The ease or difficulty of removing the hazed residue will not really determine durability either. Anyone that has used the original formula of our Americana Paste Wax knows that it was an amazing product, but if you let it haze up for more than 5 minutes or so, it became a bear to remove, and it did not make an application last longer either. The updated Americana that we have now, even if you let it sit for 10 minutes or more in the garage, it still wipes off very easily, and will still have around the same 2-3 month durability per application on a daily driver. More factors are involved as well - if the vehicle sits out in the hot sun for 10 hours per day every day of the week and you wash it multiple times per week, the wax is going to wear off more quickly than a car that is garage kept, and only goes out once or twice per week.

For example, my GTO is the definition of a garage queen. Due to road construction in my neighborhood, travel, life, a dead battery that needs replaced (which I plan on doing tonight!), etc, I've driven it about 3 times this year. I haven't waxed the whole car in over a year (I have done polishing and testing on certain panels), but it still beaded up like crazy when I washed it a few weeks back to get the dust off of it. It's been sitting in my somewhat temperature controlled garage, out of direct sun exposure, and that allowed the wax (both Americana and Patriot on different panels) to hold up for 6+ months - this is not typical for a daily driver, so don't expect these numbers in every case.