Customer Service 866.965.0400

glass sealant questions?

tonymix17

Question

hey guys i have a few questions about the glass sealant. 1 being how long does it typically last ( i know that's asking a lot) but for the people who live in or by or similar weather conditions to Chicago could help me out? 

2nd is it better than rainx? 

3rd i've just been using h20 g&g for the whole truck and seems to work fine but, i want something that will last a long time as in a few months on the windows? 

4th how well does glass sealant and glass boost work? will that last a long time? is it worth the money as well? 

7 answers to this question

1. I usually get a few months out of glass sealant alone here in Oregon, where it rains 3/4 of the year. It lasts even longer if I add glass boost when needed

2. Yes it is SOOO much better than rainx, no competition adams is much better.

3. I found that the glass sealant repels water off glass easier and faster than the guard and gloss does. I don’t do my windows with guard and gloss anymore I only use the glass sealant and boost as I found it works much better.

4. I would say get the boost. It takes the sealant from an application every 2-3 months to going 2-3 months, soray some boost on and go another couple months. I usually do the glass sealant 2 times a year. The kit is well worth it. I no longer use my wipers and it makes cleaning the windshield super easy as well!

1. I usually get a few months out of glass sealant alone here in Oregon, where it rains 3/4 of the year. It lasts even longer if I add glass boost when needed

2. Yes it is SOOO much better than rainx, no competition adams is much better.

3. I found that the glass sealant repels water off glass easier and faster than the guard and gloss does. I don’t do my windows with guard and gloss anymore I only use the glass sealant and boost as I found it works much better.

4. I would say get the boost. It takes the sealant from an application every 2-3 months to going 2-3 months, soray some boost on and go another couple months. I usually do the glass sealant 2 times a year. The kit is well worth it. I no longer use my wipers and it makes cleaning the windshield super easy as well!

thanks have you just used the glass boost alone? how well does that work as a stand alone? I'm going to get both but just not all at once to be honest. 

I absolutely love the Glass Sealant - it could possibly be my favorite Adam's chemical product (if not, it's definitely in the top 3).  It works extremely, extremely well.  I can't really say how long it lasts by itself because I also use the Glass Boost on it (plus, I reapply the Glass Sealant probably more often than I need to because I want to keep its performance at its peak - before the sealant even begins to wear off).  But I easily get a few months out of the Sealant & Glass Boost combo.

This sounds crazy, I know, but I still smile every single time it starts raining and I get to watch the water fly off the windshield.  I drove to work yesterday in the rain and didn't even need to use my wipers until I got down under 35 mph (and I last applied Glass Sealant in July, I think - using Glass Boost just once in that time period).

I also like the fact that I seem to have less water spotting on the glass after rainstorms than I used to get prior to using the sealant.  

If you're only going to get one product at a time, I would get the actual Glass Sealant first and then the Glass Boost later.  By itself, Glass Sealant would provide better results than just the Boost alone, in my opinion.

Edited by slapshot87

I absolutely love the Glass Sealant - it could possibly be my favorite Adam's chemical product (if not, it's definitely in the top 3).  It works extremely, extremely well.  I can't really say how long it lasts by itself because I also use the Glass Boost on it (plus, I reapply the Glass Sealant probably more often than I need to because I want to keep its performance at its peak - before the sealant even begins to wear off).  But I easily get a few months out of the Sealant & Glass Boost combo.

This sounds crazy, I know, but I still smile every single time it starts raining and I get to watch the water fly off the windshield.  I drove to work yesterday in the rain and didn't even need to use my wipers until I got down under 35 mph (and I last applied Glass Sealant in July, I think - using Glass Boost just once in that time period).

I also like the fact that I seem to have less water spotting on the glass after rainstorms than I used to get prior to using the sealant.  

If you're only going to get one product at a time, I would get the actual Glass Sealant first and then the Glass Boost later.  By itself, Glass Sealant would provide better results than just the Boost alone, in my opinion.

thanks brotha!

How long does it last? It depends. Applying it a few times a year, at a minimum, should be expected. About 200 miles of in-the-rain driving will likely remove it due to friction of the wipers, as will an entire reservoir of windshield washer fluid. Any cleaner or product with ammonia and/or alcohol will also remove the GS, so be careful about what you use (Adam's GC doesn t have either). Adding the boost will only serve to prolong its life.

Agreed with Sherri...get the sealant first, then add the boost later. While it's a small bottle, don't worry, it doesn't take much to seal the windshield.

How long it last depends on your environment and how often you use windshield washer fluid.

It’s absoluteky worth it! Works incredibly well. I love the glass boost too, works great to clean the windows while boosting your sealant as well. I use glass boost alone if the windshield wasn’t too dirty to begin with