Customer Service 866.965.0400

Proper sequence

Chevydude

Question

ok, so I have a daily driver that has been neglected.  I've used the paint correction polishes and the one thing I found was that the paint correction polish is a bi..ch to remove.  What is the proper sequence to use when applying the various products.

Can glaze be applied over the Americana?

Can paint sealer be applied over wax?

Glaze over sealer?

Buttery wax over anything?

Etc, etc

Thanks

3 answers to this question

ok, so I have a daily driver that has been neglected.  I've used the paint correction polishes and the one thing I found was that the paint correction polish is a bi..ch to remove.  What is the proper sequence to use when applying the various products.

Glaze over sealer?

Etc, etc

Thanks

Try to use Brilliant Glaze over top of the Paint Correcting Polish residue, makes removing the residue almost effortless.

Now to answer your questions, This is car care, not rocket science. There really is not right or wrong way; just preference, and here's mine;

Yes, however, be aware the solvent in the Brilliant Glaze will degrade the Americana somewhat, or any other wax for that matter. On my garage queen GTO, at the start of each show season I begin with bare paint; apply one coat of Brilliant Glaze, two coats of wax (Patriot to this car) then another coat of Brilliant Glaze each time I show.

Yes. There are conflicting views on this. Some believe Sealant must be applied only to bare paint for it to adhere. I see no difference in the Sealants longevity being applied under or over glazes, or waxes. I've experimented several times, on several different vehicles with several different brands of product and see no difference.

Glaze over sealer?

Sure, Glaze adds the clarity, or "pop" to the finish. The Sealant provides the protection to the paint. It would be a good idea to add a layer of wax over the glaze to help with it's longevity though. Glaze on its own doesn't last very long, perhaps only a wash or two at most.

Yup, wax is wax. Some last longer due to their additives, some add more depth/gloss/wet look than others due to grade and amount of carnauba, but feel free to put Buttery over glazes and sealants, or simply applied to your corrected paint.

Edited by BRZN