Customer Service 866.965.0400

Glass Sealant vs LPS for Glass? What should be on the outside layer on paint?

LSX Maestro

Question

Question 1: Is forking out another few bucks for a separate Glass kit worth it or will LPS, which I already have, all you really need for glass on the daily? 

Question 2: What product will shed/repel rain and eventually snow/slush off the paint the best? In other words, is the H2O G&G on top of the LPS good or should I add a coat of Americana/Buttery Wax every month or so to get that crazy bead/sheeting? 

6 answers to this question

For a daily, it's hard to beat PS as your base, unless you want to venture into coatings. Like Tex said, HGG every 3-5 washes or so is perfect...and certainly not excessive. These two products alone will give you solid protection, beading, and shine through the winter months.

Ading waxes will give you more depth/shine, but on a white car/truck, not as much as you'd likely see on a darker colored car. The HGG, on the other hand, works like a champ.

Have you read this, http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/27631-faq-should-i-use-wax-or-sealant-on-my-car/, or watched this yet?

To answer your first question, LPS will work on windows. However, I prefer Glass Sealant because Paint Sealant has the tendency to get under your window seals or into corners making it very difficult to remove, whereas Glass Sealant hazes over and simply wipes off with Glass Cleaner.

As Dustin mentions, I would not recommend Paint Sealant for exterior glass like the windshield or side windows. I would stick to Glass Sealant and/or Glass Boost since they're designed specifically for glass.

Doh! Just got done LPSing every painted/glass/chrome area of my truck, topped it with H2O G&G.  Came out absolutely beautiful, paint looks like you could swim in it.  Dumping a bit of water on it results in a waterfall.