Photo
- - - - -

Glass Sealant vs LPS for Glass? What should be on the outside layer on paint?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 LSX Maestro

LSX Maestro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:00 AM

Question 1: Is forking out another few bucks for a separate Glass kit worth it or will LPS, which I already have, all you really need for glass on the daily? 

Question 2: What product will shed/repel rain and eventually snow/slush off the paint the best? In other words, is the H2O G&G on top of the LPS good or should I add a coat of Americana/Buttery Wax every month or so to get that crazy bead/sheeting? 

#2 TexWalker

TexWalker

Skilled Detailer

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:15 AM

I use LPS and guard and gloss after every 3-4 washes (about once a month) on my daily drivers. Probably excessive, but it looks so good it’s hard not to

#3 falcaineer

falcaineer

Master AF Detailer

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:55 AM

For a daily, it's hard to beat Paint Sealant as your base, unless you want to venture into coatings. Like Tex said, H2O Guard & Gloss every 3-5 washes or so is perfect...and certainly not excessive. These two products alone will give you solid protection, beading, and shine through the winter months.

Ading waxes will give you more depth/shine, but on a white car/truck, not as much as you'd likely see on a darker colored car. The H2O Guard & Gloss, on the other hand, works like a champ.

Have you read this, http://www.adamsforu...lant-on-my-car/, or watched this yet?

#4 Mariner

Mariner

Crazy Sailor

• Members
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:49 AM

To answer your first question, LPS will work on windows. However, I prefer Glass Sealant because Paint Sealant has the tendency to get under your window seals or into corners making it very difficult to remove, whereas Glass Sealant hazes over and simply wipes off with Glass Cleaner.
  • ocdrifter, falcaineer and ZMAN024 like this

#5 LSX Maestro

LSX Maestro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:42 PM

Alright thanks guys. And Chris, yes I've seen both of those linked items.  

#6 Dan@Adams

Dan@Adams

I detail...a lot

• Administrators
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:25 PM

As Dustin mentions, I would not recommend Paint Sealant for exterior glass like the windshield or side windows. I would stick to Glass Sealant and/or Glass Boost since they're designed specifically for glass.

vb1cRcI.png
2016 Chevrolet SS LS3 daily driver | 2006 GTO LS2 show toy | 2002 Sonoma LS1 charity road rally truck

adamspolishes.com | Toll Free: 866.965.0400 | ​facebook.com/adamspolishes | instagram.com/adamspolishes

​Use the code SHINEON for 10% off your next order​

#7 LSX Maestro

LSX Maestro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:54 AM

As Dustin mentions, I would not recommend Paint Sealant for exterior glass like the windshield or side windows. I would stick to Glass Sealant and/or Glass Boost since they're designed specifically for glass.

Doh! Just got done LPSing every painted/glass/chrome area of my truck, topped it with H2O G&G.  Came out absolutely beautiful, paint looks like you could swim in it.  Dumping a bit of water on it results in a waterfall. 

• falcaineer likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users