Customer Service 866.965.0400

using visco clay, get simple for a rookie

enoch7fa

Question

​ok I keep watching videos using the clay bar.  but I notice as clay surface gets junky you sort of bend it over to create a clean surface to work with.  ok then you say you can use it on 6 or 7 cars.  How? if I do a part of my car and bend all that stuff into it, use another clean side and bend, etc, etc over and over on one car.  Where does all that stuff go to use clay bar on another car?  does it disintegrate? how can I use it on another car with out that stuff getting on it?  some one needs to make a video explaining it right now thinking of just ordering a clay block from chemical guys and I want to support adams they been good to me but I don't understand claying.  ok I am new at this stuff been giving away free care washes to friend, family and church members time to get paid!!! but I don't charge from experimenting so teach me so I can use clay with understanding and confidence'

The man

The myth

The legend

The rookie 

3 answers to this question

Exactly what TexWalker said. You fold the contaminants into the clay. You should be able to get clean surfaces for a few cars depending on how dirty the car is. We’ve trashed clay in a single vehicle and had others go for a while. 

Be cautious when claying though, contamination can cause marring in the paint. Also if you drop your clay, it’s garbage. So always keep a spare piece. 

The clay mitt is a good option as well since that can be washed off. However it is more aggressive than clay and you may find you need to polish after using it. 

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 9:56 PM, enoch7fa said:

ok I keep watching videos using the clay bar.  but I notice as clay surface gets junky you sort of bend it over to create a clean surface to work with.  ok then you say you can use it on 6 or 7 cars.  How? if I do a part of my car and bend all that stuff into it, use another clean side and bend, etc, etc over and over on one car.  Where does all that stuff go to use clay bar on another car?  does it disintegrate? how can I use it on another car with out that stuff getting on it?  some one needs to make a video explaining it right now thinking of just ordering a clay block from chemical guys and I want to support adams they been good to me but I don't understand claying.  ok I am new at this stuff been giving away free care washes to friend, family and church members time to get paid!!! but I don't charge from experimenting so teach me so I can use clay with understanding and confidence'

The man

The myth

The legend

The rookie 

I "listen" (no music) when claying, that way if by chance again there is a grain of something that comes up, then will hear it go across the surface and know to check the clay right away. If I run my hand over the clay and feel it, then I pick that grain out, so it will not get folded back in. Especially check the clay bar more often when you are on the lower part of the car.  I also use rubber/knit gardening gloves when claying, it helps to hold on better to the clay.