Customer Service 866.965.0400

Friends

falcaineer

3 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Well that's too bad. How about adding it back so users have the option? Do I hear a second?

As I said, the feature was removed from the software. It's not something we can just flip a switch to turn on - it doesn't exist anymore and has been replaced by the Followers system.

2 hours ago, GerryC said:

As I said, the feature was removed from the software. It's not something we can just flip a switch to turn on - it doesn't exist anymore and has been replaced by the Followers system.

If it was removed, that implies it could be put back, and I understood your post to mean this version (of the forum), not the software itself. Having "follwers" seems weird to me. :blink: But ok. Sorry to see it go. 

9 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

If it was removed, that implies it could be put back, and I understood your post to mean this version (of the forum), not the software itself. Having "follwers" seems weird to me. :blink: But ok. Sorry to see it go. 

Maybe they should just go back to the old version? never mind that’s to easy. 

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 9:02 PM, falcaineer said:

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 9:12 PM, ocdrifter said:

Maybe they should just go back to the old version? never mind that’s to easy. 

This forum update was more than just cosmetic changes.  The old forum ran on a version of the software that was very outdated, and was no longer being supported by the vendor.  As such, the update to the current version of the software was required to keep the forum up and running.  Thus, there is no "going back" to the old version.

This forum software is developed with certain features, and while there is some tweaking to the available features that can be done on the Admin side, we cannot add something that is not already a part of this version of the software, or turn a feature back on that was in the old version and not in this version.

While having things change is often not fun, and some of the new features take some getting used to, I think that some of the new features are very handy. Being able to finally use @mentions, being able to drag and drop photos on a computer, and being able to scan the Unread Content stream in expanded mode, make me glad to have this new version.

The Followers feature makes sense to me, since you can filter content to just those you follow, and get updates when the people that you follow post content.