Customer Service 866.965.0400

I was thinking...

I was just thinking...and that is never a good thing ?

so Im washing all the glass around the house today...some of the outside stuff had gunk on it.  So I grabbed my clay mitt,  (5th time using it, and it still doesnt work!) and Pumpkin DS.  And I start thinking, they say to use detail spray with your clay mitt and clay bar because it is super slick.  And thats true it is.  But anytime you ask someone on social media or a forum, if you can use waterless wash, they say no, its not slick enough.

so I’m still thinking...when people perform a waterless wash and talk about it on here, and about utilizing detail spray, people get frustrated and say you shouldn’t do that, because it doesnt have enough lubrication, and that waterless wash is the best option because of how slick it is, and the lubricants in it.

I feel like I’m in the twilight zone or something.

And then I think I saw you can use glass cleaner as a lubricant on your glass with clay.

MIND BLOWN!

Edited by Nickfire20

Not exactly sure what your question is but... I think you are asking about possible clay lubes.  Detail Spray has always been recommended, as it has excellent lubricity.  Once Adam's came out with a Rinseless Wash a recommended dilution ratio for claying was given, and many began using this for clay lube, as it is more economical.  I believe Waterless Wash was not recommended, as is too slick (and expensive).  

You mentioned using Glass Cleaner as lube, and I believe you can use diluted Wheel Cleaner for severely contaminated paint.  

I was just stating, not asking, I’m pretty squared away in my regiment.

rinseless and waterless were not slick enough for the mitt.

waterless is in fact cheaper than detail spray.

ill stick with detail spray as i have 4gallons of it.

also Adam uses glass cleaner in his videos for claying glass, i still use Detail spray 

On 10/28/2017 at 5:36 PM, mc2hill said:

Not exactly sure what your question is but... I think you are asking about possible clay lubes.  Detail Spray has always been recommended, as it has excellent lubricity.  Once Adam's came out with a Rinseless Wash a recommended dilution ratio for claying was given, and many began using this for clay lube, as it is more economical.  I believe Waterless Wash was not recommended, as is too slick (and expensive).  

You mentioned using Glass Cleaner as lube, and I believe you can use diluted Wheel Cleaner for severely contaminated paint.  

I use the wheel cleaner full strength, it works better at full throttle, I diluted some I a spray bottle, seemed to weaken the product and not work so weak. Yes I use distilled water when I did.

On 10/28/2017 at 11:45 AM, Nickfire20 said:

I was just thinking...and that is never a good thing ?

so Im washing all the glass around the house today...some of the outside stuff had gunk on it.  So I grabbed my clay mitt,  (5th time using it, and it still doesnt work!) and Pumpkin DS.  And I start thinking, they say to use detail spray with your clay mitt and clay bar because it is super slick.  And thats true it is.  But anytime you ask someone on social media or a forum, if you can use waterless wash, they say no, its not slick enough.

so I’m still thinking...when people perform a waterless wash and talk about it on here, and about utilizing detail spray, people get frustrated and say you shouldn’t do that, because it doesnt have enough lubrication, and that waterless wash is the best option because of how slick it is, and the lubricants in it.

I feel like I’m in the twilight zone or something.

And then I think I saw you can use glass cleaner as a lubricant on your glass with clay.

MIND BLOWN!

Here’s one for you Nick, when I clay car after a good wash I just lay down more foam with my foam cannon and use the soap as a clay lube ? works very well and gives a lot of cushion for the pushin.