Customer Service 866.965.0400

Optical Illusion

Chevydude

Question

12 answers to this question

Thats a tough one,  and here are 2quick stories...

years ago, before I knew about Adams or Griots, or most boutique style car products, I walked into an Advanced Auto, Griots had their own shelf and display, it was different and flashy.  I asked one of the dudes, how this stuff works, and he replied, “same **** more money”  granted he worked there, and still didn’t give a ****!

so I got some and liked it and used it until I found Adams.  Now its all Adam’s for this guy!

2nd story... I have 4 brother in laws,  2of which are OCD and keep their cars up pretty well.  For reasons unknown, neither will try my Adam’s products,  I have over 3 dozen of the 16oz products and i think 11 different gallons, I have no idea why they wont try it.  Im not asking for anything in return, just try.  Nope, not at all.

Bonus story haha

I was in Home Depot yesterday, had to grab a window blind, I walked past the car isle, and dipped down it real quick,  turtle wax-$5 for a tub of wax, REALLY!  People actually trust that crap!  Whats it last for a day or 2, at least we know your arm will be sore longer than the wax actually lasts!!!!

But anyway, thats what Adam’s is up against, and I sure he knows, but he is doing a wonderful job, and the market is always there, at least for us people who care and the few we come in contact with, that we can convert,  yall have a great weekend!

Thanks to Adam and his team for everything and safe travels!

Edited by Nickfire20

9 hours ago, Chevydude said:

@Nick,  Please don't get me wrong, I think that Adams has superior products and a relentless marketing strategy to match.  Without getting too philosophical, I believe that loyal customers, regardless of how small or large (weekend warrior or master detailer), that are exclusive to one company, are invaluable to the respective company.  With that said, when consumers no longer feel the "warm and fuzzy" feeling for whatever reason, they tend to look elsewhere to see what is out there and many are willing to sacrifice slightly lower (or equivalent) quality for more ounces for a given price point.  Remember, quality, unless quantitatively measured, is in the eyes of the beholder.  I dunno, maybe Adams has had a high profile marketing company tell them that the 100% loyal customers are worth less than gained profits by going to smaller sizes.  With that said, I need to place an order with Adams for a few things.  Research for me requires research and experimentation before making a switch......that process has begun for me. 

I’ve been over this before on this forum and trust me this isn’t a path you want to make public here.  You’ll absolutely get flamed in the process, or even reprimanded. But there are many here that agree with you, and everyone has their own individual reasons for shopping elsewhere. With respect to the Adams Forums rules and all the amazing customer service reps, there comes a time for most when the allure just isn’t what it used to be, whether it be because of product cost and/or amount, the obnoxious marketing and hype, or my personal favorite, shipping costs. So your best bet is to just do you. Adams isn’t going to change for us, loyal customers or not, so you’ll have to adapt and move on. 

The reduction is some sizes of product is what lead us to look elsewhere for some products. We still use a lot of Adam’s products, but we aren’t exclusive. 

My last order was sizable, including some custom sizing of certain products. That’s been helpful. But the whole 8 ounce polish bottles isn’t really effective when we typically buy in 32 ounce sizes or greater. 

I believe the movement of smaller bottles is based somewhat on that the typical consumer is only doing a car or two a year. They don’t need excess product sitting on the shelf exceeding shelf life. Unfortunately, those who consume more product have been left a little in the dark. Most other sources offer varieties of sizing. 

Bingo!  Newton was correct in saying that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction....hence the need to look elsewhere as well.  Let us not kid ourselves, the change is mainly profit driven and sure, it sounds great to the "green people".

Agreed. I buy 16oz bottles from another company for about the same price as Adams 8oz. Like said above though, Adams is more marketing to the weekend warrior than the pro detailers out there. Even me doing detailing on the side, the 8oz bottles aren’t enough for me.

Edited by Ls1transam

I understand the frustrations, and I will relay this information next week when everyone is back from SEMA.

If you saw any pictures from the event, it looks like there are some cool things on the way in terms of larger sizes of our polishes for detail shops!

You say for Shops, does that mean that there will be restrictions on ordering them? 

I completely understood going to the 8oz size as it was easier for "us" the casual or weekend warrior user to use a bottle up before 5 years goes by. 

@Nick,  Please don't get me wrong, I think that Adams has superior products and a relentless marketing strategy to match.  Without getting too philosophical, I believe that loyal customers, regardless of how small or large (weekend warrior or master detailer), that are exclusive to one company, are invaluable to the respective company.  With that said, when consumers no longer feel the "warm and fuzzy" feeling for whatever reason, they tend to look elsewhere to see what is out there and many are willing to sacrifice slightly lower (or equivalent) quality for more ounces for a given price point.  Remember, quality, unless quantitatively measured, is in the eyes of the beholder.  I dunno, maybe Adams has had a high profile marketing company tell them that the 100% loyal customers are worth less than gained profits by going to smaller sizes.  With that said, I need to place an order with Adams for a few things.  Research for me requires research and experimentation before making a switch......that process has begun for me.