Customer Service 866.965.0400

Trim Restore vs Coating

galaxy

Question

So I had one good and one bad experience with Trim Coating.  My '02 F-150 has that wide piece of trim on the doors along the top of the door/bottom of the window.  The Coating and that piece did not get along so well.  I think it's too wide to blend well.  VRT works great, but can stay greasy, doesn't last with a wash, and will streak with the rain.  Is it fair to assume the Trim Restore will fit the bill somewhere in the middle of these two products?  

7 answers to this question

What makes the Restorer different is that it’s most likely oil-based dye like the competitor versions are. VRT is water-based, hence the streaking issues and greasiness. The coating of course is the most durable. But like you suggested, the Restorer is the in between version of the two. 

I’ve also read on here that you can layer the coating over Restorer, sealing in the dyed goodness for even longer.

Edited by Mariner

1 minute ago, Mariner said:

What makes the Restore different is that it’s most likely oil-based due like the competitor versions are. VRT is water-based, hence the streaking issues and greasiness. The coating of course is the most durable. But like you suggested, the Restore is the in between version of the two. 

I’ve also read on here that you can layer the coating over Restore, sealing in the dyed goodness for even longer.

Said perfectly!

3 minutes ago, Mariner said:

What makes the Restorer different is that it’s most likely oil-based dye like the competitor versions are. VRT is water-based, hence the streaking issues and greasiness. The coating of course is the most durable. But like you suggested, the Restorer is the in between version of the two. 

I’ve also read on here that you can layer the coating over Restorer, sealing in the dyed goodness for even longer.

You nailed it ????