Customer Service 866.965.0400

One Step polish review.

Ls1transam

Question

Got a chance to try out Adams new polish today. As soon as I was finished it started raining lol. As always before polishing, I washed and clayed the surface with Adams clay. I then taped off a section of the roof on my daily that is very oxidized and scratched up. I used an Adam’s  MF pad, orange and then white pad. My machine is a Rupes 15mm MKll. I labeled each section above to make it easy to identify. It’s hard to tell in the pics but as I stepped down from most aggressive to the least aggressive pad. It started to finish down better, naturally. However, even with the MF pad it still finished down excellent on black paint. I only made 4 section passes on each section for a total of 1 pass per section if that makes sense lol. This stuff comes out of the bottle very easily so don’t squeeze it too hard, trust me I know lol. I noticed that it smells amazing also. I applied 4 drops on each pad and used similar arm speed on each section with minimal pressure. It seems to have a long working time and zero dust. And the smell you get while polishing is a nice bonus. When I went to wipe it off that’s where I was really amazed. One wipe and it came off. I’ve never used a polish or compound that removes this easy. Adams really knocked this one out of the park. I could easily see this  as my go to polish. Even on the white pad it still removed all the haze and most scratches. I’m super impressed. It’s hard to see in the pics because of bad lighting. But givin the cloudy conditions it’s the best I could do.

BC401E7B-811C-4BB9-80CD-5068EB02E4CD.jpeg

F535FB3F-70DE-42B2-9965-609D426CD6CB.jpeg

E2D6F974-E690-4865-BB3F-D0769AC2D23F.jpeg

EC2E4930-440D-477F-B966-EE313BCE0C7B.jpeg

91C8EA96-BE76-4C19-924D-44C404BD4E6D.jpeg

E2552C7F-504C-4A43-80B7-6F49D970C5F7.jpeg

20 answers to this question

Very nice job. I was curious when somebody would post a review. I am going to have to purchase a bottle of this now and give it a go. I like your comment on very easy to remove. What was the temperature like when doing this? I find at times the hotter it is the harder some polishes are to remove. 

Good feedback!  I wonder how long the 'protection' is good for and if maintaining with H2O G&G after the fact would help stretch it out at all.

I'm trying to discern if there's any benefit over using one of the previous polishes followed by a sealant or buttery for a go-to, bang-for-the-buck process.  Ie. polishing and protecting a random person's DD

23 hours ago, BG SQ5 said:

Good feedback!  I wonder how long the 'protection' is good for and if maintaining with H2O G&G after the fact would help stretch it out at all.

I'm trying to discern if there's any benefit over using one of the previous polishes followed by a sealant or buttery for a go-to, bang-for-the-buck process.  Ie. polishing and protecting a random person's DD

I am guessing a few months protection (probably last as long as Buttery Wax).  These products are usually for folks that detail for dollars as a way to add shine (remove light swirls)and some protection fairly quickly.  But if you are doing you own cars and time is not a factor, you are better served polishing, then applying Paint Sealant.

1 hour ago, richnmib said:

Would this work on slightly hazed over headlights?

It may.  It would not hurt to try this first at part of the 'least aggressive first' approach.  But it will not correct as well as Correcting Polish, and not protect as long as Paint Sealant.

Good answers from Mc2hill. I totally agree. This stuff will help me as I detail on the side. So far water is beading up nicely in the areas I polished. However freshly corrected paint will be somewhat hydrophobic. In my “tests” I have found this is slightly less aggressive that the Correction  polish as stated above. However when I paired it with the Microfiber cutting pad it removed some significant haze and scratches. I’m impressed with this product and I think it’s worth a buy. Even for a DIY person who wants to remove light haze and scratches from their personal vehicle. I think you can’t go wrong here. Pairing this product with a white or orange pad will give you great results, on any color.

I agree with the above on one step products or all in ones. It’s a good way to produce a great visual effect without the time of polishing and laying down glaze followed by sealant. Those products have a place in our offerings, but with more time is more money. It’s really up to the client. 

We have been using another companies all in one product topped with a spray sealant for added longevity. Now that Adams has one out, we will give it a go and see how it compares. Use that and for a little extra protection, maybe top with a quick ceramic boost. Just thinking out loud. 

Yeah it’s up to the client, and sometimes they’re ok with just an AIO. Most people aren’t going to maintain the finish anyway. I also use another companies AOI that has lasted 2 months and was still going before I waxed over it. I like Adams AOI a lot though. Was hoping for a video on it to hear him explain it a bit more.

My inquiry was around exactly that- detailing other people's cars.  I'm just concerned the protection isn't going to be enough for a car that only gets protected twice/year.  As a result, I think the paint sealant will remain my go to for other people's DDs.

Wanted to leave my review here of the new ONE STEP.  I hope thats ok?  Didn’t feel a need to start a new thread.

here goes...

I got it today, as part of my black friday purchase.  I have been slowly winterizing my 2016 Black Tahoe.  Between work and a 2month old, I chip at it a little at a time.  Anyways, I have only paint corrected twice in my life.  Once this spring did 3/4 of the Tahoe and my wifes entire Honaa CRV SUV.  The Tahoe took forever, wasnt perfect, and I had done  three steps on it.  The CRV went much quicker, did 2steps, it hadn’t been washed in over 18months was 11yrs old, and in horrible shape.  Looks 90% better now.

Anyways ONE STEP took my swirls away in 1pass!! I was amazed,  i tried Adam’s blue pad first, but the orange actually ended up working much better!  This was just for a side panel.

Next- I had these horrible water spots that I found a couple weeks ago on the tailgate, tried apc, clay, vinegar, polished with Adam’s compund and finishing polish (dont have the orange), nothing worked.  Today I clayed then hit it with an orange pad and one step, and boom, GONE!!!!  I am beside my self.  The absolute fastest correction I have ever seen.  Swirls gone, water spots gone, paint looks dripping wet!  

Disclaimer- im not a pro,  this was only my 3rd time correcting and I use a griots 6” DA (until my swirl killer MB arrives).

0EC66BB7-24E2-4D44-891B-C8DDBE6CB09A.jpeg

B4380ED2-F1ED-4CB4-AB71-1E073D7E26BF.jpeg

Edited by Nickfire20

Thats pretty much where I am at.

With that being said, I didnt clean the polish up a whole lot since its supposed to be a sealant as well...i buffed it, waited an hour and then applied Paint Sealant,  does anybody see a problem with this?  

So what I’m getting at, is that I didnt do normal prep ISP wipe down after the correction, just a buff and a detail spray, then went to sealant.

I have a new F150 Raptor on the way and I purchased a Swirl Killer mystery box deal receiving correcting polish and finishing polish. I watched some youtube videos and was curious on the thoughts of just using the one step polish to clean up the hopefully good condition pain and then using liquid paint sealant on top of that for protection? 

On 12/7/2017 at 2:36 PM, sdfd504 said:

I have a new F150 Raptor on the way and I purchased a Swirl Killer mystery box deal receiving correcting polish and finishing polish. I watched some youtube videos and was curious on the thoughts of just using the one step polish to clean up the hopefully good condition pain and then using liquid paint sealant on top of that for protection? 

That sounds like a good plan to me. The one step polish works great. 

I'll add my review here as well. 2017 VW GTI with ~16k miles. Sealed before the heaviest part of winter here in Chicagoland back in early December and saw probably 8-12 Automatic car washes. There are no good touchless places around here so I'd rather keep the salt off and worry about getting some swirls out later.

I had been searching for an easier solution than some of the other products that I've used in the past where you had to prime pads and generally a lot of work for my daily driver. I'd rather be spending time with my weekend car! The One Step polish with the blue pad seemed to work best and took out all of the swirls in the paint. I didn't try my MF pad as the swirls weren't too bad and the orange I had to work longer than the blue. 

When I bought this I didn't even realize it had sealing properties as well but just by feel of the paint after doing the one step polish does not feel as sealed as when using other stuff so I'll be following up with LPS tonight. 

I tried one step on my 1999 BMW M3 as well and it didn't like it as much and didn't get out really any imperfections, but 20 year old paint is way different than todays stuff. Additionally any imperfections on the M3 left are probably too deep for something like this. I think for newer clearcoat for cars that have light imperfections I'd be hard pressed to find something easier than the One Step Polish. Since you use so little (and they are not kidding when they say less is more on the bottle) pad cleanup was super easy and so is removal from the car. 2 single soft equivalent towels were plenty for the whole car.