Customer Service 866.965.0400

Best sealant / protectant for a white car

GiggleMon

Question

9 answers to this question

The best protectant would be our Ceramic Paint Coating Kit, but if that's out of budget, my recommendation would then be for Paint Sealant followed by H2O Guard & Gloss every 1-2 months for maintenance.

On the white diamond Regal GS that I had before I sold it (still miss that car!), I used Paint Sealant twice per year and H2O Guard about once every 4-5 washes. The amount of shine that you get from H2O Guard is very strong!

I have several white vehicles.  LPS + H2O Guard & Gloss works wonders for protection and shine.  After you rinse her down and finish it with H2O you'll be blown away that you just protected and shined your vehicle that easily.  I have wide wheels and tires on my truck and my truck used to get filthy just driving it on dry roads, now it barely gets a layer of dust behind the rear tires on the fender, and a little "road spray" on the driver/passenger door behind the fronts.  A quick Rinseless/Waterless cleans it right off.  When it gets really dirty, a pressure wash and Rinseless will take care of it no problem. 

I have 2 white cars. 1 is a daily driver the other is a garage queen only driven on nice days. I have used Americana on the garage queen and Brillant glaze. I have got to be honest the G&G has the best shine in my opinion! I will use Brillant Glaze thou and it does make the white pop a bit but as we know Brillant Glaze doesnt last too long. 

My white daily driver has had G&G on it from day one and it holds up beautifully. Actually, thats why I decided to give G&G a try on the other car!

Edited by 2Fords

1 hour ago, 2Fords said:

I have 2 white cars. 1 is a daily driver the other is a garage queen only driven on nice days. I have used Americana on the garage queen and Brillant glaze. I have got to be honest the G&G has the best shine in my opinion! I will use Brillant Glaze thou and it does make the white pop a bit but as we know Brillant Glaze doesnt last too long. 

My white daily driver has had G&G on it from day one and it holds up beautifully. Actually, thats why I decided to give G&G a try on the other car!

Are you saying that the H20 GG gives more shine than Americana/Brilliant Glaze on white? You might have just saved me $80. 

Edited by LSX Maestro

Ok thats the $80.00 question, answer!!! I feel I get more "gloss" from G&G on my white vehicles than with the Americana.

Now that being said, I love the "glow" Americana leaves on my wife's Deep Impact Blue Mustang! I really struggled with putting  G&G on my white GT500 that sits in the garage 90% of the time, but I feel it has a better"shiny look" with G&G than Americana. I know some people are going to think I'm nuts but it s personal preference I guess.

You can always try the Americana and if you dont like it Adams has the  110% guarantee.

So as far as shine, my thoughts and opinions...LPS and GnG gives my Black Tahoe a crazy shine, but its as some have described as a cool or cold shine.  Its a glassy watery look.  Kinda if you see a lake or bay when it looks smooth as glass.  I think brilliant glaze also gives it this similar look.

when i use Buttery or Americana or detail spray, it gives it that fresh waxed, warm deep carnauba shine.  

To the naked untrained eye, its a clean shiny truck.  And i cant even notice it up close,  but if i get about 10ft or further away, i can somewhat see a difference, but again thats only because I’ve read and researched it a bunch.

1 hour ago, Nickfire20 said:

So as far as shine, my thoughts and opinions...LPS and GnG gives my Black Tahoe a crazy shine, but its as some have described as a cool or cold shine.  Its a glassy watery look.  Kinda if you see a lake or bay when it looks smooth as glass.  I think brilliant glaze also gives it this similar look.

when i use Buttery or Americana or detail spray, it gives it that fresh waxed, warm deep carnauba shine.  

To the naked untrained eye, its a clean shiny truck.  And i cant even notice it up close,  but if i get about 10ft or further away, i can somewhat see a difference, but again thats only because I’ve read and researched it a bunch.

I think you pretty much summed up my feelings ! When I use Americana on my  dark colored vehicle it most definitely look different, I describe it as a glow.

Wax vs sealant there is a difference I just think it is less noticeable on a white vehicle than on a dark one.

Man , we are really getting deep into this!