Customer Service 866.965.0400

Brushes

Kickerz71

Question

I'm looking to purchase new tire/wheel brushes but not sure what one I need.

I currently have a blue one that I got from Adams a few years ago. Can someone tell me if it's for wheels or tires?

It has a short handle and short blue bristles, to me it looks like the current red wheel brush.

13 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Kickerz71 said:

I'm looking to purchase new tire/wheel brushes but not sure what one I need.

I currently have a blue one that I got from Adams a few years ago. Can someone tell me if it's for wheels or tires?

It has a short handle and short blue bristles, to me it looks like the current red wheel brush.

The short handled blue brush should be used for tires, not soft enough for wheels.  

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/accessories/brushes/adam-s-brush-kit.html

This kit is great all around for the cost.  The short handled red brush is awesome!

7 hours ago, Wy_detailing said:

The current red/black is tires, red is wheels and white/black is the fender brush. The blue one you have is the old tire brush, the new black/red one is softer and works great too

Do you think is it worth buying a new tire brush? looking at the video the new one has longer bristles and looks softer than my blue one.

6 minutes ago, Kickerz71 said:

Do you think is it worth buying a new tire brush? looking at the video the new one has longer bristles and looks softer than my blue one.

Hi Eric, the blue brush you have pictured is definitely our older Tire Brush. It works quite well with All Purpose Cleaner, but the slightly softer bristles in the Red/Black Tire Brush we have now will allow Tire & Rubber Cleaner to foam up on the tire more effectively. The video is actually a bit outdated now - we've since modified the brush to have half-height bristles which you can see starting at around the 2:38 time in our new Winter Preparation video here: 

The bristles do excellent at scrubbing the sidewall, while being a little safer if you would happen to contact the on the rim edge of the wheel as well. I think you would be pleased with it if you would like to try it out!

16 hours ago, Kickerz71 said:

4 hours ago, TheWolf said:

Absolutely.  The newer version of the Tire Brush with its shorter, softer bristles works much better than the old stiff blue-bristle brush.

Definitely worth getting, you won't be disappointed.  It's a big improvement over the older blue tire brush.

On 11/16/2017 at 3:18 AM, Kickerz71 said:

Thanks everyone for their input, I’ll order one on my next order.

I’ll use my blue one for the letters on my trucks BFG’s

Don't forget the TRC. That and the red/black tire brush will clean those letters right up.

I received my new tire and wheel brush today. I’m impressed by the wheel brush and can’t wait to use it. My old blue tire brush is definitely harder than the new one, as mentions I’ll be keeping it for the white tires on the BFG’s