Customer Service 866.965.0400

Suggestions for winter prep

mjshaw130

Question

Hey guys,

Just looking for suggestions as to what order I should use my supplies in to prep for another glorious winter (not) in CT. I have h2o guard and gloss, paint sealant, and buttery wax. I also have ceramic boost but have never used it as well as vrt, every Adam’s detail spray known to man, tire shine, etc etc etc. I have a lot!

Edited by mjshaw130

9 answers to this question

2 hours ago, mjshaw130 said:

Hey guys,

Just looking for suggestions as to what order I should use my supplies in to prep for another glorious winter (not) in CT. I have h2o guard and gloss, paint sealant, and buttery wax. I also have ceramic boost but have never used it as well as vrt, every Adam’s detail spray known to man, tire shine, etc etc etc. I have a lot!

Other than stepping up to a ceramic coating it sounds like you're set for the paint protection.  I might add glass sealant and glass boost to that list. Easy to clean windows are very underrated in the winter in my opinion.  

2 hours ago, mjshaw130 said:

Hey guys,

If you got all the Adams stuff, here's your steps:

Wash

Clay

Apply machine sealant

Coat of Brilliant Glaze

Buttery Wax (more shine and longer lasting protection w/Americana Wax)

Tires with VRT

During the winter months when possible, apply H2O GNG for extra protection and shine, and sheer boredom !

Sit back and admire your shine !!

My winter prep is a good solid wash, clay, paint sealant day.  I wouldn't really worry about polishing anything since the salt is gonna tear it up anyway.  Then every couple washes or so, throw a coat of H2OGG on.  Also, don't forget the glass sealant and hit it with the glass boost when you do the H2OGG.  Then when spring rolls around, clay all the crap off from winter and go ahead with the waxes and all that. 

P.S. If I know its gonna snow the next day, I usually spray the inner fenders and spots where I know snow will want to build up with the Undercarriage Spray.  It helps keep it from sticking.

Just to bring this back to the top, Yes I know it sucks winters coming, But due to work, weddings, etc. I am starting my cars winter preps this weekend.

I am doing 

Wash

Clay Mitt

Paint Sealant

BG

BW

Any other steps I should do?

Thanks,

Tom M

On 9/21/2018 at 7:34 AM, 67's said:

Just to bring this back to the top, Yes I know it sucks winters coming, But due to work, weddings, etc. I am starting my cars winter preps this weekend.

I am doing 

Wash

Clay Mitt

Paint Sealant

BG

BW

Any other steps I should do?

Thanks,

Tom M

Glass Sealant if you haven't done it in a while.