Customer Service 866.965.0400

December 2 Open House and Detailing Clinic at Adam's

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the clinic today--there  was a nice turnout and great hospitality from Adam and all the employees.

Three things I learned today:

1.   For the Denver folks, Adam's is moving to Thornton--I-25 and 84th--into an old Chevy parts warehouse.   Supposedly will be much larger for their operation, and more room for detailing and product demonstrations and showroom;

2.   A new Iron Remover is in the works.  While the wheel cleaner is a good iron remover, the dedicated iron remover is thinner and will work better for the dedicated task.  

3.   A new seat is in the works--one that is able to be raised and lowered.

Adam gave a tour of the showroom, his history of products and the history of detailing products.   If you've watched the obsessed garage video tour, it was very similar.  

Next, we took a tour of the warehouse.  For those carping about your orders, Adam said the warehouse staff has been working an average of 89 hours per week of the past couple of weeks, and they still had "a couple of thousand" orders waiting to be filled.   They expected to be done tomorrow.   For those that have seen the operation in person, he said they're filling 2 Fedex trucks a day, and had just had the best week and best month ever.   He didn't say as much, but I expect our tour was slowing down order filling.

Notice that bottling and labeling operation was occurring during the tour:

Adam tour.jpg

After the warehouse tour, we moved to the back detailing area.   Some lucky guy (who didn't seem to be an Adam's devotee or even someone who took particularly good care of his car) was selected to provide a car for demonstration.

First, the front of the car was cleaned with waterless wash.   Every kid (and kid at heart) got the opportunity to try the waterless wash.   Next, the front and hood was clayed with both visco clay and the clay mitt.   Again, anyone wanting a turn got it.   Bugs and paint defects were removed--detail spray was used as a lube and a shine.

Next, Adam demonstrated 3 step paint correction--starting with a microfiber pad and blue cutting compound, then an orange pad and orange polish, then a white pad with finishing polish.  He used a swirl killer mini.  

Next, he applied the ceramic paint coating to a portion of the hood.   In true pro-style, Adam noticed a scratch that wasn't quite perfect after the correction, and redid the process before the ceramic paint coating was applied.

paint correction demo.jpg

Edited by funkymonkey1111

Adam had to leave after 90 minutes of touring and demoing, and answering questions.   After that, a wash demo occurred--starting with wheel well cleaning, tire cleaning, and wheel cleaning.   A variety of brushes were used, and the C5 had plenty of baked on brake dust in the wheel barrels.

Wheel cleaning demo.jpg

No more pics--but the Adam's folks polished the Corvette's exhaust tips, then pulled the car back in to dry off with H20 Guard and Gloss, as well as applying VRT to the tires and a full black trim restorer treatment to the wiper tray. 

I had to leave so I didn't get to see the engine detailing segment.   All in all, not a bad way to spend some time. 

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Tony_G said:

wish I lived closer to be able to enjoy something like this

Road trip! Plus, if your car is in "bad enough" shape, you might just be chosen by Adam for a fee wash/detail as a demo vehicle. Worst case, you meet Adam and the team, enjoy the show, and get to get it all shiny again when you get home with all the new goodies you picked up (at a great discount) from the show! 

On 1/9/2018 at 10:20 PM, falcaineer said:

Road trip! Plus, if your car is in "bad enough" shape, you might just be chosen by Adam for a fee wash/detail as a demo vehicle. Worst case, you meet Adam and the team, enjoy the show, and get to get it all shiny again when you get home with all the new goodies you picked up (at a great discount) from the show! 

I like this thinking. Make a road trip and show up with a brown instead of white truck and hand Over the keys and say have at it haha

9 hours ago, Naylor649 said:

I like this thinking. Make a road trip and show up with a brown instead of white truck and hand Over the keys and say have at it haha

You never know, Steven! If you do make it a trip, please feel free to bring me some Portillos (Italian Beef, wet) and/or Lou Malnatis pizza ...please! :xfingers:

Edited by falcaineer

2 hours ago, Rich said:

My wife's been bugging me to make a road trip out west this year or next.  If I agree to it, it will have to be with the condition that we stop at Adam's on the way.  :D

You can just jump on I-70 and it'll take you all the way here! Goes right past the Mother Ship so best of both worlds. And no offense to those in Kansas, but you do have to make it through there first. :wacko:

:burnout: