Customer Service 866.965.0400

polishing top of car or truck

enoch7fa

Question

9 answers to this question

That is what i mean.  I am just getting started into detailing.  I have watched everything adams has over and over.  i have watched tons of detailing videos on polishing with a machine.  i have yet to see techniques and equipment for polishing top of a car and again a truck.   goes without saying a ladder would be needed , i just bout a platform ladder for experimenting on my mother-in-laws car (poor family i am learning on there cars lol but they don't mind everyones car is clean wait till i start charging them full price lolol).  It worked out great. but would still like to see what type of ladder others use, how they hold the polisher when they have to lean over some.   sorry but this stuff is important to short detailers.  help a rookie out!!!

The Man

The Myth

The Legend

The rookie and already addicted.  ADAMS POLISHING I HATE YOU!!! 

Very true with a 4 step ladder getting tippy. That’s what I have to use being these suvs are so tall. If it’s a pickup I stand in the bed and get as much as I can reach. 

I hold my buffer the same as I do on a hood. I often stabilize myself with my stomach leaned against the glass and door with the cord over my shoulder.

I usually start on the hood so I can see how much work it’s going to need to get it buffed out where I want it. Then I move to the roof before the sides incase the cord or pants put a rub mark on it I won’t be having to rebuff anything.

There is really no way to do it without leaning on the car/truck. This is why I always do the roof first & I find it the most aggravating so I like to get this part over with. 2-3 step ladders are great, also a nice fold-able platform can come in handy.