Customer Service 866.965.0400

Thanks and Thanksgiving

shane@detailedreflections

In twelve minutes it will be Thanksgiving. A day for us all to spend with our family and friends and to give thought and thanks for what’s important in our lives.

As my family is asleep, it got me thinking of the past year and how thankful I am. First, I’m thankful for the health and happiness of my family. They really don’t get the credit they deserve for all they do and for putting up with me. 

I’m thankful for my career and the events I get to be a part of. Detailing is not my full time profession. I’m actually a full time firefighter and paramedic. For once, I get to spend the holidays with my family at home this year and not my work one in the firehouse. There will be no wonder for my family this year about what I’m doing while they’re all together. It doesn’t happen every year to say the least. 

Which finally brings me to how this all ties into a detailing forum. Back at the start of the year I made the decision to take my hobby from detailing for myself and a few friends to being a legal business. I’m lucky enough to have good people who have offered their support and guidance along the way to help give me the best shot at success. I’m beyond fortunate to have a great friend I work with as we detail cars and grow the business. It’s been a long road, but it’s gaining starting to gain some traction and is starting to seem like it could be a viable venture. Luckily the mistakes I’ve made along the way haven’t been significant or irreparable. I’m sure I have many more to make as I navigate the ups and downs of small business ownership. So thank you to family, friends and clients who have supported us and utilized our services. 

I’m also thankful for having a great forum here where we can share information, knowledge and ideas. It’s a place where you can ask for and receive candid feedback (which is seemingly rare these days). I’ve tried to share my knowledge freely and openly here with everything from how to do things, to how I run my business. I’ve received compliments and constructive feedback that hopefully I’ve been able to make improvements with. Thank you for being a part of that process. 

Those are just a few rambling thoughts as the clock is about to turn midnight. Tomorrow remember those less fortunate, enjoy the time with your family and friends and put aside the less important things in life. 

And lastly, if I can ever help any of you please don’t hesitate to ask. It doesn’t matter if it’s a question, if you live in my area and want to get together and learn from each other or anything else. It’s the least I can do for the help and support freely offered here. 

Happy Thanksgiving,

Shane

Detailed Reflections