Customer Service 866.965.0400

Strip wash uses a different bottle?

BG SQ5

Question

Just curious here...

Today I received my first bottle of strip wash, and it's in a slightly different bottle.  It's squared-off at the top and seems to be made out of a different plastic.  This is going to drive my OCD crazy when adding it to my collection!  I imagine I'm not the only one, haha.

I assume this is the standard strip wash bottle (although not pictured on the website)?  Any rhyme or reason to it? 

23 answers to this question

Falcaineer has it right.  The Strip Wash will eventually eat through a standard bottle.  I used my Strip Wash this weekend for the first time as part of my Winter prep on my wife's Renegade and my son's Rubicon.  Not only is the bottle different, the squeeze top doesn't fit very well.  It leaks around the threads when turned upside down for a squeeze. I probably wasted 2 oz between both washes.  I'll store it in the original bottle and pour it into a spare shampoo bottle the next time I use it to avoid a repeat. 

14 minutes ago, ZMAN024 said:

Falcaineer has it right.  The Strip Wash will eventually eat through a standard bottle.  I used my Strip Wash this weekend for the first time as part of my Winter prep on my wife's Renegade and my son's Rubicon.  Not only is the bottle different, the squeeze top doesn't fit very well.  It leaks around the threads when turned upside down for a squeeze. I probably wasted 2 oz between both washes.  I'll store it in the original bottle and pour it into a spare shampoo bottle the next time I use it to avoid a repeat. 

Might be easier to just put a normal cap on it. Then when you want to use it just unscrew the cap and pour in a couple ounces?

25 minutes ago, ZMAN024 said:

Mine not only leaks when I squeeze, it tipped over and leaked all over my tool box drawer, and yes, the pop top was closed. Lost half the bottle

1 hour ago, ZMAN024 said:

1 hour ago, Mariner said:

Might be easier to just put a normal cap on it. Then when you want to use it just unscrew the cap and pour in a couple ounces?

^^^Yes, PLEASE, do what Dustin recommends, Oz. Wouldn't want you to confuse the SW for shampoo. Might go bald!! :o

11 hours ago, TexWalker said:

Mine not only leaks when I squeeze, it tipped over and leaked all over my tool box drawer, and yes, the pop top was closed. Lost half the bottle

Hence the disappointment with the pop / squeeze top.  Good thing I only used mine twice. :lol:

12 hours ago, Mariner said:

I rely on the squeeze top for accuracy.  If I tried to pour it into my foam cannon, I might have lost more than an ounce each time. :lol:

2 hours ago, ZMAN024 said:

I rely on the squeeze top for accuracy.  If I tried to pour it into my foam cannon, I might have lost more than an ounce each time. :lol:

Funnel? Haha not trying to break your balls man. I’m an engineer... all I do for a living is think of better and more efficient ways to do things lol. 

My screw top went on crooked at first but I cranked down on it and it’ll seat at the very bottom of the threads. Maybe try just giving it a little more force.

10 minutes ago, jabo_pf said:

I bought some of this at Corvettes at Carlisle. I am not sure if I have the old or new bottle. What does the new bottle look like?

The new bottle should be a frosted, translucent type.

4 hours ago, jabo_pf said:

I bought some of this at Corvettes at Carlisle. I am not sure if I have the old or new bottle. What does the new bottle look like?

4 hours ago, Mariner said:

The new bottle should be a frosted, translucent type.

Yep. Like this:

1126171504.thumb.jpg.b8eea4330cf97b65273c610b4968f76a.jpg

Wow- this thread got a lot of attention, haha. 

So there was a rhyme and reason to the bottle...which also helps support the idea that it brings more to the table than APC & CWS.

PS- I plan just to remove the cap, pour percisely, and replace.  Squeeze top is nice but not necessary for me.

9 hours ago, GXPaycheck said:

Any way to get an empty new bottle? I already moved mine to an empty gallon after it leaked. 

Since they sell the regular bottles, I assume they will sell one for the SW, too. Just give them a call and I'm pretty sure they'll hook you up.

On 11/27/2017 at 10:37 AM, GXPaycheck said:

Any way to get an empty new bottle? I already moved mine to an empty gallon after it leaked. 

Give us a call or an email and we should be able to get a warranty replacement out to you.

The thread pitch on the HDPE bottles for Strip Wash is slightly different than our normal bottle, so the pull-tops are very difficult to thread down all the way sometimes. This is why we're just shipping them with a regular screw on cap now I do believe.

On 11/25/2017 at 11:48 AM, BG SQ5 said:

Just curious here...

Today I received my first bottle of strip wash, and it's in a slightly different bottle.  It's squared-off at the top and seems to be made out of a different plastic.  This is going to drive my OCD crazy when adding it to my collection!  I imagine I'm not the only one, haha.

I assume this is the standard strip wash bottle (although not pictured on the website)?  Any rhyme or reason to it? 

I would just try a little piece of threading tape around the bottle threads...like the white they use for water pipe fittings to prevent leaks....