Customer Service 866.965.0400

falcaineer

No need to go back to the top after reading a thread.  After scrolling to the bottom, just hit the back button on your phone (at least on Android), and it will take you back to the Unread Content page, or the subforum that you were previously browsing.

Also, on the desktop version, on the bottom right is a button for Unread Content.  You can also hit the back button on your browser.

The nice thing about this new software, is that when you hit the back button, the thread that you just read is no longer in the Unread Content stream.

I understand, Dan, but I think it would still be good to have the function. Allows me to use the menu from the same page I'm on.  After all, what if I've read several threads in a row all the way to the bottom? Then I would theoretically have to back up several pages to get to the menu (instead of scrolling) vs. just clicking the back to top button. Cant be that hard to add. Please!

Edited by falcaineer

I've also noticed when I click back (page), it takes me to the previous spot on the previous page, e.g. 3/4 of the way down if that's where I left off. So getting to the top of the page still could require a lot of scrolling. 

48 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

I've also noticed when I click back (page), it takes me to the previous spot on the previous page, e.g. 3/4 of the way down if that's where I left off. So getting to the top of the page still could require a lot of scrolling. 

I've look all through the settings in the Admin Control Panel, and do not see this as a feature to be turned on.

How are you getting several threads deep that you have to 'back page' so much?  Are you using the "Next Unread Topic" button at the bottom?

I have not found "Next Unread Topic" to be convenient, as it takes you to the next unread topic in that subforum, not to the next unread topic in the overall Unread Content stream.

I suggest either getting into the habit of clicking 'back page' to go back to the Unread Content stream, or if you do get several threads along, then click on the "Go to Topic Listing", which will jump you to the top of the subforum, where you can have easy access to the menus at the top of the screen

1 hour ago, TheWolf said:

I've look all through the settings in the Admin Control Panel, and do not see this as a feature to be turned on.

How are you getting several threads deep that you have to 'back page' so much?  Are you using the "Next Unread Topic" button at the bottom?

I have not found "Next Unread Topic" to be convenient, as it takes you to the next unread topic in that subforum, not to the next unread topic in the overall Unread Content stream.

I suggest either getting into the habit of clicking 'back page' to go back to the Unread Content stream, or if you do get several threads along, then click on the "Go to Topic Listing", which will jump you to the top of the subforum, where you can have easy access to the menus at the top of the screen

Ok, thanks for checking, Dan.

I'm all over the place on here! Squirrel! :willy:  Tthanks for the tips...I'm sure I'll adjust and figure out a method that works.