Customer Service 866.965.0400

Magic eraser

alexA5

Question

10 answers to this question

2 hours ago, alexA5 said:

I used the magic eraser on my leather steering wheel and it kind of left behind some funky looking marks. Are the erasers safe for leather because the ones Adam’s sell look like the same thing as the magic eraser 

Can you post a pic of the issue?  How old is the leather on the steering wheel?  What other products have been used on it?

The Deep Clean Eraser can be used on leather, but like any cleaner or tool, using it too much or too vigorously can cause an appearance issue.

The warning on the package and the website states: Please note that the Deep Clean Eraser is abrasive. If used too vigorously on leather surfaces, there is a potential of wearing through the protective coating found on most modern factory leather surfaces. Adam's Deep Clean Eraser is not intended for use on suede or Alcantara surfaces.

It does look like the coating on the leather has been worn away.  Does it look like that all around the wheel?  How old is the car, what is the mileage?  From that pic, it looks like the area is where your hand would normally be, and there may have been some wear from use, and the eraser may have worn it through faster than the other areas on the wheel.

An upholstery repair shop can re-dye the worn areas, and apply a coating.

On 11/27/2017 at 10:34 AM, alexA5 said:

??. I’ve only used it twice on my wheel but it does look like it’s removing a layer of the leather so no more of that for me. Anybody suggest a fix for it? 

image.jpg

How old is the car and is it still under warranty from the factory? If yes don’t tell them what you did and have it repaired and if is not you need to find someone in your area the does automotive leather dying to have this fixed.

On 11/27/2017 at 11:33 AM, alexA5 said:

It’s 2013 about 55k miles. Ya I’m just gonna stay away from the eraser and keep conditioning it. Thanks for taking a look wolf ? 

You should use a leather sealant on this to help keeping this at bay so it doesn’t get worse.

On 11/30/2017 at 6:07 AM, ocdrifter said:

How old is the car and is it still under warranty from the factory? If yes don’t tell them what you did and have it repaired and if is not you need to find someone in your area the does automotive leather dying to have this fixed.

Actually I do have a lifetime warranty on all my leather. Thanks for the help. Forgot about that lol