Customer Service 866.965.0400

Towel Storage

marauder

Question

I've got piles of microfiber towels. Right now they're just in a big bucket all lumped together. Looking to organize them into different types. Like Drying, utility, Polishing, Wheels, etc. Looking for some storage ideas. Currently have around 40 towels.

16 answers to this question

I was thinking of moving to stackable plastic drawers. The ones I have right now that I use for other things I don't really like as the drawers are clunky and don't slide very well. Which is why I was thinking of a bin or something to hang from the wall. 

1 hour ago, Wy_detailing said:

Here is my set up. I bough the bins at Fred Meyer (4 total) and they work great. Also a spot to store extra product and it keeps them organized 

8F8C55DA-1841-4288-8D43-2E5B469E26AD.jpeg

That’s a pretty nice setup. Seems like you’ve got everything you need and then some lol. 

I’ll get to that point soon. 

No I have it set to be practical. Most all the products on the top shelf are exterior products, next shelf down is mostly interior, then all the coatings, extra spray bottles and gallons that I don’t use a lot of, and the rest of the gallons and a few extras on the bottom. I am really OCD about the organization of everything and try to keep it functional, but the 3rd shelf down is a bit tricky as is is a bit shorter and I have to pull out 1-2 boxes to get to whatever coating I need. I like it though, I can see every product label and it’s orgainized how I like it. Everybody has their own way I guess :)

19 hours ago, marauder said:

I've got piles of microfiber towels. Right now they're just in a big bucket all lumped together. Looking to organize them into different types. Like Drying, utility, Polishing, Wheels, etc. Looking for some storage ideas. Currently have around 40 towels.

18 hours ago, TexWalker said:

I have a few of the clear rectangular bins the wife got from Target. They have snap on lids and are stackable. Fits perfectly on my detail cart. I have a few sizes to hold my towels, pads, applicators, etc. 

I use the 18 qt. Sterilite Storage Totes from Target.  They are great when I am mobile, as they fit 2 high under my tonneau cover on the truck.  I split them up between Wash, Dry, and Polish (I have lots of towels!), and have a 4th container for spare applicators. 

14757120?wid=520&hei=520&fmt=pjpeg 

6 minutes ago, marauder said:

I like the idea of a drawer better so you can stack them and not have to move other bins to get to the one you want.

Downside to the drawers is that they are not sealed, so dust/dirt/pollen can get blown into the towels.

I would suggest bins with tight fitting lids, placed on a shelf unit for easy access. You could also use wire closet shelving that mounts on wall tracks,so you could customize the shelf height to the bins.

1 hour ago, TheWolf said:

Downside to the drawers is that they are not sealed, so dust/dirt/pollen can get blown into the towels.

I would suggest bins with tight fitting lids, placed on a shelf unit for easy access. You could also use wire closet shelving that mounts on wall tracks,so you could customize the shelf height to the bins.

that's the issue i have now with them sitting in a box and bucket is the top towels would get dirty. As it sits in my garage where I do other work. 

4 hours ago, mc2hill said:

I use the 18 qt. Sterilite Storage Totes from Target.  They are great when I am mobile, as they fit 2 high under my tonneau cover on the truck.  I split them up between Wash, Dry, and Polish (I have lots of towels!), and have a 4th container for spare applicators. 

14757120?wid=520&hei=520&fmt=pjpeg 

Same for me except mine are all black and not clear. 1 for polishing towels, 1 for drying, 1 for wheels and metal polishing, 1 for interior and junky towels, and the last is for pads and applicators.

And Ditto on what Wolf said, those little drawers look nice but I have a working garage and all kinds of dirt and dust would get in those cracks.