Customer Service 866.965.0400

Rubber Mat Cleaner Questions

joelilton23

Question

Hey all!

I just received some Rubber Mat and Liner cleaner, and was wondering if it could be used as a substitute for Tyre and Rubber cleaner (as I've run out) and on black  plastic trim to clean it before trim coating - does anyone know or tried it for any of these things? I've tried looking but haven't really found much information on it so far (I can't even find it on the website :ph34r:)

Thanks in advance!

MB.jpg

17 answers to this question

Hi Joel,

Thanks for contacting us! The Rubber Mat & Liner Cleaner did leak out to some of our dealers earlier this year, but it is not a product that has been released to the public yet. I'm not 100% sure if/when it will be available through our website. It's designed primarily for cleaning rubber floor mats like Weathertech, Husky, etc. I would not recommend using it on plastic trim, but if you do, test in a small area first to ensure no negative reactions. It should in theory work fine on tires, but I have not yet tried it, so again, test in a small area if you would like, to make sure there are no issues.

Since this product technically hasn't been released yet, I can't give too much more information about it at this time.

Respectfully,
Dan@Adams

8 hours ago, Dan@Adams said:

Hi Joel,

Thanks for contacting us! The Rubber Mat & Liner Cleaner did leak out to some of our dealers earlier this year, but it is not a product that has been released to the public yet. I'm not 100% sure if/when it will be available through our website. It's designed primarily for cleaning rubber floor mats like Weathertech, Husky, etc. I would not recommend using it on plastic trim, but if you do, test in a small area first to ensure no negative reactions. It should in theory work fine on tires, but I have not yet tried it, so again, test in a small area if you would like, to make sure there are no issues.

Since this product technically hasn't been released yet, I can't give too much more information about it at this time.

Respectfully,
Dan@Adams

Hey Dan,

Thanks for reaching out! I have to say, I was quite surprised when it arrived - I might hold off on using it on any tyres or trim, as I don't want to cause any damage, and I have ordered another T&RC anyway. The smell is amazing though - I've opened it a few times just to enjoy the scent. I'm guessing it wont be a problem if I trade this to another forum member, or would you prefer me to send it back to you guys, as it isn't a released product yet?

Thanks, Joel

On 11/30/2017 at 3:20 PM, joelilton23 said:

Hey all!

I just received some Rubber Mat and Liner cleaner, and was wondering if it could be used as a substitute for Tyre and Rubber cleaner (as I've run out) and on black  plastic trim to clean it before trim coating - does anyone know or tried it for any of these things? I've tried looking but haven't really found much information on it so far (I can't even find it on the website :ph34r:)

An Aussie exclusive!!  

Nice pickup, Joel.  What kind of mitt is that?  Is that like the Red Wash Mitt but in green?  I've never seen it in a different colour.

On 12/2/2017 at 3:21 PM, avimore said:

An Aussie exclusive!!  

Nice pickup, Joel.  What kind of mitt is that?  Is that like the Red Wash Mitt but in green?  I've never seen it in a different colour.

Hey Ed,

it's a cloudburst mitt, which is a non-Adam's product. Feel free to message me and I'll let you know some more details about it.

it's cool to have something that's not available yet! It's a shame I can't use it.. 

On 12/6/2017 at 10:28 AM, LSX Maestro said:

I'd imagine it's an APC with a bit of protect/shine product (Kind of like VRT)? Probably nothing crazy that you should be worried about but I could be wrong. :D 

When in doubt, "Test in inconspicuous area." 

It’s not based off of APC. I would say closer to TRC just not as strong. It works great on floor mats, leaving them looking new. Without the slipperiness of VRT.

I haven’t experimented with it on any plastic trim since TRC works well there.