Jump to content
Customer Service 866.965.0400
  • 0
joelilton23

Rubber Mat Cleaner Questions

Question

Hey all!

I just received some Rubber Mat and Liner cleaner, and was wondering if it could be used as a substitute for Tyre and Rubber cleaner (as I've run out) and on black  plastic trim to clean it before trim coating - does anyone know or tried it for any of these things? I've tried looking but haven't really found much information on it so far (I can't even find it on the website :ph34r:)

 

Thanks in advance!

MB.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

It actually has not been released yet. It works very well on floor mats and foams up really well when you scrub, great cleaning power. I’m not sure if you can use it as a replacement but I would say no, as the tire and rubber cleaner is designed specifically for trim and tires 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hi Joel,

Thanks for contacting us! The Rubber Mat & Liner Cleaner did leak out to some of our dealers earlier this year, but it is not a product that has been released to the public yet. I'm not 100% sure if/when it will be available through our website. It's designed primarily for cleaning rubber floor mats like Weathertech, Husky, etc. I would not recommend using it on plastic trim, but if you do, test in a small area first to ensure no negative reactions. It should in theory work fine on tires, but I have not yet tried it, so again, test in a small area if you would like, to make sure there are no issues.

Since this product technically hasn't been released yet, I can't give too much more information about it at this time.

Respectfully,
Dan@Adams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hopefully this product will be released. Living in Iowa all my vehicles have the Weatertech  liners in them year round. Would like to use Adams product instead of Weathertech.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I have rubber liners in my truck and Weathertech in my Jeep.  I take them out the vehicle, rinse them off, spray with all purpose cleaner, scrub with my tire brush, rinse, let air dry and they look great again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I sure hope they come out with it. It's a product I definitely could use since I have Weather Tech in my cars.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
8 hours ago, Dan@Adams said:

Hi Joel,

Thanks for contacting us! The Rubber Mat & Liner Cleaner did leak out to some of our dealers earlier this year, but it is not a product that has been released to the public yet. I'm not 100% sure if/when it will be available through our website. It's designed primarily for cleaning rubber floor mats like Weathertech, Husky, etc. I would not recommend using it on plastic trim, but if you do, test in a small area first to ensure no negative reactions. It should in theory work fine on tires, but I have not yet tried it, so again, test in a small area if you would like, to make sure there are no issues.

Since this product technically hasn't been released yet, I can't give too much more information about it at this time.

Respectfully,
Dan@Adams

Hey Dan,

 

Thanks for reaching out! I have to say, I was quite surprised when it arrived - I might hold off on using it on any tyres or trim, as I don't want to cause any damage, and I have ordered another T&RC anyway. The smell is amazing though - I've opened it a few times just to enjoy the scent. I'm guessing it wont be a problem if I trade this to another forum member, or would you prefer me to send it back to you guys, as it isn't a released product yet?

Thanks, Joel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 11/30/2017 at 3:20 PM, joelilton23 said:

Hey all!

I just received some Rubber Mat and Liner cleaner, and was wondering if it could be used as a substitute for Tyre and Rubber cleaner (as I've run out) and on black  plastic trim to clean it before trim coating - does anyone know or tried it for any of these things? I've tried looking but haven't really found much information on it so far (I can't even find it on the website :ph34r:)

 

An Aussie exclusive!!  

 

Nice pickup, Joel.  What kind of mitt is that?  Is that like the Red Wash Mitt but in green?  I've never seen it in a different colour.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 12/2/2017 at 3:21 PM, avimore said:

 

An Aussie exclusive!!  

 

Nice pickup, Joel.  What kind of mitt is that?  Is that like the Red Wash Mitt but in green?  I've never seen it in a different colour.

 

 

Hey Ed,

 

it's a cloudburst mitt, which is a non-Adam's product. Feel free to message me and I'll let you know some more details about it.

 

it's cool to have something that's not available yet! It's a shame I can't use it.. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 04/12/2017 at 11:07 AM, joelilton23 said:

it's cool to have something that's not available yet! It's a shame I can't use it.. 

 

Yeah that's a shame.  Figures that we get a leaked product that is not meant for our environment lol :huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I'd imagine it's an APC with a bit of protect/shine product (Kind of like VRT)? Probably nothing crazy that you should be worried about but I could be wrong. :D 


When in doubt, "Test in inconspicuous area." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 12/6/2017 at 10:28 AM, LSX Maestro said:

I'd imagine it's an APC with a bit of protect/shine product (Kind of like VRT)? Probably nothing crazy that you should be worried about but I could be wrong. :D 


When in doubt, "Test in inconspicuous area." 

 

It’s not based off of APC. I would say closer to TRC just not as strong. It works great on floor mats, leaving them looking new. Without the slipperiness of VRT.

 

I haven’t experimented with it on any plastic trim since TRC works well there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×