Customer Service 866.965.0400

Foaming a car after coating

Coderedpl

Question

I'm posting this more as a topic of discussion rather than a question but its something I've "noticed". After coating a car with either the ceramic or any sealant, the foam doesnt exactly want to stay on the car for long, makes me wonder if its even worth doing it sometimes. 

Anybody else feel the same? 

4 answers to this question

Yeah, that's pretty true from my experience too.  Which made me laugh the first time I sprayed the car down after applying the ceramic coating kit.  "why isn't this?...what's wrong with my.... OH! cool."

it still stuck around enough to be useful, just didn't turn my car into a white puffball.  Good news is that dirt doesn't stick very well either.

15 minutes ago, Coderedpl said:

I'm posting this more as a topic of discussion rather than a question but its something I've "noticed". After coating a car with either the ceramic or any sealant, the foam doesnt exactly want to stay on the car for long, makes me wonder if its even worth doing it sometimes. 

Anybody else feel the same? 

I feel like that isn’t something to be worried about.. that just means other things aren’t sticking on your car either. 

IMO, it's definitely worth foaming a coated car to help remove any contaminants that may have actually stuck to the car, despite it being coated.  The soap helps emulsify road grime / oils and carry them away before you ever touch it with a wash mitt or equivalent.  Better safe than sorry.  

23 hours ago, alexA5 said:

I feel like that isn’t something to be worried about.. that just means other things aren’t sticking on your car either. 

Oh I'm not worried i just thought it was a bit funny, here I am foaming a car and not much is happening lol

20 hours ago, ZMAN024 said:

IMO, it's definitely worth foaming a coated car to help remove any contaminants that may have actually stuck to the car, despite it being coated.  The soap helps emulsify road grime / oils and carry them away before you ever touch it with a wash mitt or equivalent.  Better safe than sorry.  

Yea as much as I don't want to do it sometimes because all it does is run off, i still do it. Rather not risk the ruined finish