Customer Service 866.965.0400

Clear buckets

Great idea. I would buy two right off the bat. Would like to see a dirty bucket after a good wash, fruits of my labor. Psychologically seeing the dirt in the bucket would give me more satisfaction of giving the car a wash and a job well done. It's all a mind game. Adam's new product design team needs to work on this, along with the windshield washer fluid. Don't want to use glass sealant on my windshield then to have it stripped away with the alcohol based washer fluid in the winter time.

• 2 weeks later...

That's an 18qt polycarbonate bucket; used in food service. They are pretty firm, but do hold up to abuse. They can scratch from abrasive cleaning pads, and can crack, but it would take a solid blow to do so.

For practical use, if you had it on a detail cart or bucket caddy (not sure if it fits), it would do fine. You might get hazing at the grit guard level, but it should be fine for the rest. It would let you see below the foam layer, but I don't think you'll see much with adequate shampoo in the bucket.

• 1 month later...

I don’t know that your clear and the clear of the adams bucket are the same. The bucket above looks 100% transparent. However the adams bucket looks like their normal colored mystery bucket. More so white than clear. Hopefully you are correct however, would be pretty cool! 

CE8A3228-6C90-4DB3-9611-07799298510D.thumb.png.649a1dcdf699cb4c4bffeb07ac95f006.png

Edited by Red Rambler

6 minutes ago, Red Rambler said:

I don’t know that your clear and the clear of the adams bucket are the same. The bucket above looks 100% transparent. However the adams bucket looks like their normal colored mystery bucket. More so white than clear. Hopefully you are correct however, would be petty cool! 

CE8A3228-6C90-4DB3-9611-07799298510D.thumb.png.649a1dcdf699cb4c4bffeb07ac95f006.png

I don’t think the picture above is the clear bucket because they used the same picture before for other mystery buckets. 

I do like the semi clear bucket as started above... it gave me a sense of accomplishment when I looked at the bucket and bottom was covered in gunk. My old home depot buckets don't let you see anything inside. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2018 at 4:52 PM, Lance99 said:

Are the clear buckets going to be for sale?

Hi Lance, 

Sorry for the late reply here - I'm not quite sure we'll be offering this specific bucket again. We had more than a handful of these buckets that cracked during the shipping process, so either the shipping companies were very rough with packages or the plastic was a little less durable than our other buckets.

• 1 month later...
On 3/27/2018 at 1:36 PM, Dan@Adams said:

Hi Lance, 

Sorry for the late reply here - I'm not quite sure we'll be offering this specific bucket again. We had more than a handful of these buckets that cracked during the shipping process, so either the shipping companies were very rough with packages or the plastic was a little less durable than our other buckets.

Thanks Dan, for the reply and information!

• 1 month later...