Customer Service 866.965.0400

Scratches in plastic trim

Dr.Chris

Question

So I have a fairly new Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk. Seems it was abused at the dealer, but I was able to get out most of the damage to the paint with my swirl killer.  But the large amount of plastic trim around the vehicle also has some scratches on it.  Is there a way to improve those?  I was going to just apply VRT and see if that does it, but I feel like it needs more.  It's only 2 months freed from the dealer, but no telling how long they abused and scratched it.  The trim is still black, just some annoying scratches on it. Any advice or videos to watch would be appreciated. Thanks!

5 answers to this question

9 hours ago, Dr.Chris said:

So I have a fairly new Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk. Seems it was abused at the dealer, but I was able to get out most of the damage to the paint with my swirl killer.  But the large amount of plastic trim around the vehicle also has some scratches on it.  Is there a way to improve those?  I was going to just apply VRT and see if that does it, but I feel like it needs more.  It's only 2 months freed from the dealer, but no telling how long they abused and scratched it.  The trim is still black, just some annoying scratches on it. Any advice or videos to watch would be appreciated. Thanks!

Can you post up some pictures so we can see the damage you are describing?  You can correct B pillars with a 3" white pad and Finishing Polish.

On December 9, 2017 at 8:59 AM, GXPaycheck said:

Some folks have used a heat gun to fix those. Check YouTube. 

This works great for interior panels where it's hard to see the big picture. A little tougher for the outside. Sometimes the heat gun will change the shade of trim and stick out like a sore thumb