Customer Service 866.965.0400

Mold smell

hostileshelby

Question

OK guys so long story short

I have a 2015 ford F150, the rear window was leaking along with the 3rd brake light. I brought the truck back to the dealership to have new flooring and carpet in. The smell of MOLD was unbearable. So they replaced everything but I cant get the smell of this mold out of the truck. I have tried using the Odor Neutralizer numerous timing and the smell just over powers the ON.  Is there anything else I could be using to try and rid this nasty smell first then use the ON after?

10 answers to this question

Find a detailer that will do an ozone treatment. Or buy a machine. They’re $350-400. It’s really the only true way to eliminate odor molecules. Cost of a treatment at a detailer will probably run anywhere between $50 and up depending on who does it, how long it’ll take and what machine they use.

To truly eliminate odor, it’s money well spent. 

4 minutes ago, shane@detailedreflections said:

Find a detailer that will do an ozone treatment. Or buy a machine. They’re $350-400. It’s really the only true way to eliminate odor molecules. Cost of a treatment at a detailer will probably run anywhere between $50 and up depending on who does it, how long it’ll take and what machine they use.

To truly eliminate odor, it’s money well spent.

The truck only has 31000 miles on it so maybe they will cover it somehow. Ill check into it with them later on this afternoon.

Baking Soda should help to absorb it, and it vacuums up easy.  Just use Arm n Hammer or a brand name, not the cheap dollar store junk.  Spread it over any place that was wet and let it there a couple of days.  Then vacuum it up. Your problem is mold comes from dampness, and until the area is completely dry, you'll have that smell.  Sprays, etc. just add more moisture.  You can even try baby powder but try the baking soda first.  And don't let it get wet or damp again. 

59 minutes ago, ocdrifter said:

Yo you also want to get rid of the mold Oder because this could damage your lungs and can cause more problems to your health. You should also check to see if your truck is equipped with a in cabin air filter and if it does replace it immediately. 

When the smell started originally that was the first thing I changed hoping it was just in the filters.  It didn't help but the truck is going back tomorrow and I will have both filters changed out again. 

9 hours ago, GXPaycheck said:

They probably didn't replace some padding or clean the surfaces well. May need to get the new carpet out before it gets contaminated and clean it better. Spray a ton of Concrobium all over in there.

I agree.  I think they changed the carpet but didn't change out the sound barrier under it. Which is probably what is stinking the most 

1 hour ago, hostileshelby said:

I agree.  I think they changed the carpet but didn't change out the sound barrier under it. Which is probably what is stinking the most 

Gotta take it down to bare metal. I did it this summer with my truck. Couldn’t replace the carpet for less than $800, so while it was out I had it professionally cleaned and put down some Dynamat. 

11 minutes ago, GXPaycheck said:

Gotta take it down to bare metal. I did it this summer with my truck. Couldn’t replace the carpet for less than $800, so while it was out I had it professionally cleaned and put down some Dynamat.

The First time It was done it cost around $1100 and they took it right down to metal and we cleaned it.  On the second time I don't think they did, and that's where the smell is. But ive already told them I am not buying any interior pieces again. The rest is on ford and warranty.