Customer Service 866.965.0400

Interior Help

BlackCadi14

Question

I have a 14 Cadillac CTS, i believe the dash is all leather, please correct me if I am am wrong.

I want to know how is the best way to protect it from the sun all year long, it is my DD and I am horrible about using the sun shade, i bought one and used it maybe 5 times.  I am ways late to where ever i am going so its just in the way.  

What is Interior Detailer used all for, can it be used on any interior surface and where does the leather conditioner come into play before or after the detailer?  

I am sorry if this seems simple questions, but I don't want to go in the wrong order and mess it up. 

:) 

5 answers to this question

The total interior detailer is a product that will clean and leave your interior with a nice matte finish.  If it’s particularly soiled, you can use interior cleaner.

If your dash is leather, I’d suggest the leather cleaner to clean and prep the dash before using leather conditioner on it. Apply the conditioner thin for a smooth finish. It shouldn’t look or feel greasy when it’s done. 

I have a 12 CTS.  The dash is more faux leather than real. I've never used anything other than Leather Conditioner on it.  Still looks brand new.  I don't use the Leather Cleaner because it's never been dirty enough   The Leather Conditioner has cleaning properties in it, but it's not nearly as strong as the cleaner. Plus it has a high SPF factor for sun protection.  It's really the only product I use on the Caddy and the Vettes .  I've never had any issues with drying or fading in any of the cars.    I use it on the dash, console, steering wheel, doors, and seats.  Good stuff.  

2 hours ago, BlackCadi14 said:

Thank you all!

Rich, I was thinking it might be Faux leather as well.  I thought I would reach out and see if anyone agreed with me on it.  mine is clean but just a small amount of dust on it, just want to keep it clean and looking new

Then use the Leather Conditioner.  It will keep your dash clean and safe from drying out and protect it from the sun. I do mine as often as needed. Won't hurt a thing.  And use it on your leather seats as well, and everything else.  Especially the rear seat headrests that get lots of sun.  :2thumbs:

Oh, and if you get streaking, don't worry. It just means that some spots were dryer than others and it sucked up the conditioner faster. Just reapply until you get a streak free dash.  You don't have to worry about build up.