Customer Service 866.965.0400

Nav Screens

BlackCadi14

Question

What is the best way to keep Nav screens free of finger prints, my Cadillac uses the Nav screen to do almost everything in the darn car, it gets fingers all over it, I have been cleaning it with detail spray and it does a good job but just wondering if there was something better to use.

2 answers to this question

We use glass cleaner with the silk glass towels to keep them clean and streak free.  Be careful of the type of towel used when working on dashes and screens.  Some of them are very prone to scratches.  Less aggressive is typically better. 

If you really want to keep them clean of fingerprints, you can probably find sheets of material similar to some cell phone protectors that will help keep them down to cut and apply.  I'm sure someone out there probably makes them precut.  I've never looked into them.  Might not be a bad idea though to help cut down on glare and fingerprints.

Actually I just googled and it looks like NuShield offers them...worth a look to see if they have your application or can make it.

Edited by shane@detailedreflections

21 minutes ago, shane@detailedreflections said:

We use glass cleaner with the silk glass towels to keep them clean and streak free.  Be careful of the type of towel used when working on dashes and screens.  Some of them are very prone to scratches.  Less aggressive is typically better. 

If you really want to keep them clean of fingerprints, you can probably find sheets of material similar to some cell phone protectors that will help keep them down to cut and apply.  I'm sure someone out there probably makes them precut.  I've never looked into them.  Might not be a bad idea though to help cut down on glare and fingerprints.

Actually I just googled and it looks like NuShield offers them...worth a look to see if they have your application or can make it.

Thanks Shane!  I will look into them.  I only use microfiber towels on it.  i believe they are 80/20.  that is one area I need to build up and organize better is my towels, I am hoping over the holidays I can build a shelf system with storage containers for the different types of rags.  I was thinking of adjustable shelfs about 12x16, that way i can make them as far apart as I want and make them about 5 high.  I hate stuff sitting on the floor.  haha!!!