Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hi all, 

Starting this thread to spark some interest for our YouTube channel. We have our usual instructional videos and the occasional "event" coverage, but what do you guys want to see? Comment below your thoughts and we'll use them when we're drafting video ideas! 

Anywhere from behind the scenes/VLOG style videos, Specific restoration videos (Old Domestic Leather, Tarnished wheels, Vinyl Top Cleaning), Out of State event coverage, etc. 

Let us know and if you haven't done so already, subscribe to our YouTube Channel! 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzpvSWz3VFZpeFeitVsybWg?view_as=subscriber

-Kyle  

I have been subscribed for a while and really enjoy the channel.

I like the old videos as much as the new.  I like to see the history of the company.

As you mentioned, behind the scenes videos would be pretty sweet.  Maybe a daily operation video.  The evolution of developing a new product etc

Also i think there has been a lot of interest in new product videos,  ultra foam shampoo, and 1step.  I feel we all have unanswered questions about these new items.

I think thats all I have for now, hope everyone enjoys their holiday!

Keep up the great work!

Anything in this thread...

But I'll repost my ideas just in case:

- Cleaning cloth seats. I could only find ones for leather interior and/or carpet mats, but nothing for cloth seats.

- Updated headlight restoration

- Updated engine bay cleaning

A "Behind the Scenes" Series

- A Day (or Week?!) in the Life at Adam's. Show us what it's like to work there. All because your culture is what makes you awesome!

- Updated bottling, packaging, packing and shipping video

- What goes into creating Mystery Boxes/Buckets? (this could answer A LOT of questions!)

How To's

- How to Get "Car Show Ready"

- Product Hacks. Demo a collection of alternate uses for a variety of products. BG on the interior of the windshield is a perfect example (and my favorite hack to date!)

Other

- Updated bloopers! 

Looking forward to whatever you release, though!

Edited by falcaineer

I agree with what everyone has said. I’d love to see a video going through all the methods to remove bug guts from least ro most severe cases. You guys might not get them as bad in cold climates but here in the south they are everywhere! Also maybe a how to coat plastic fender wells with trim coating. Tips there like using a foam paint brush like those little cheap ones you can get at the hardware store. Can we coat headlights as well? Love to see a video about that if possible. Maybe a video talking about using the trim restore and trim coating as a combo assuming that’s a legit method. Oh and can somebody please clear up the proper way to use the Ultra Plush drying towel? Maybe that’s not a video but rather a bullet point within the product page. Lastly, an about me video for each of the Adams Team or at least those who feel so inclined and have the time.  Hope some of these ideas give y’all some decent material or at least spark more conversation. By the way, I dig the YouTube channel.

13 hours ago, Junior said:

I agree with what everyone has said. I’d love to see a video going through all the methods to remove bug guts from least ro most severe cases. You guys might not get them as bad in cold climates but here in the south they are everywhere! Also maybe a how to coat plastic fender wells with trim coating. Tips there like using a foam paint brush like those little cheap ones you can get at the hardware store. Can we coat headlights as well? Love to see a video about that if possible. Maybe a video talking about using the trim restore and trim coating as a combo assuming that’s a legit method. Oh and can somebody please clear up the proper way to use the Ultra Plush drying towel? Maybe that’s not a video but rather a bullet point within the product page. Lastly, an about me video for each of the Adams Team or at least those who feel so inclined and have the time.  Hope some of these ideas give y’all some decent material or at least spark more conversation. By the way, I dig the YouTube channel.

Fold it in quarters (or halves) with the thin side towards the surface, use DS as an aid, and dry away! Adam demos it in this video, and there is a brief set of instructions already on the product page under the "Product Detalis" tab.

Thanks Chris. I don’t want to derail the topic here, I somehow missed seeing that in the product page. Good catch.

Just to add more input on suggested videos, I would love to see more car show specific videos. Back during Barrett Jackson, Adams went live a ton, but seems that was the majority of the coverage and those are gone when they shut off. I watch things I like in repetition:) 

In general, I love to see car culture represented here. Detailing classics is really neat. As I’ve seen being mentioned in the past, it’s also cool to see a daily driver get Adamized. As much as we love seeing you guys detail exotics and cars that are pampered or decently maintained,  it’s also cool to see the cars that are really beat down get glossificated. I saw a video a few days ago where a guy was demoing a polish on a hood he sourced from the junk yard. Maybe a junk yard challenge would be a cool video to show case just how bad A$$ some of the Adams line is.

Honestly, I miss the ask the Shine Doc series, some great tips and tricks in there as well as how to do stuff beyond a release vid just trying to sell a particular product. 

Def some behind the scenes vids would be cool. I like vlogs but not if they get too long about stuff. Maybe some intros to the staff? I know there is a Bios Page that is on the main site but only for a few staff. 

Some wharehouse tours and how its made might be cool as well, at least from the part of a product coming thru the door to being boxed up to head out. 

5 hours ago, pirahnah3 said:

Honestly, I miss the ask the Shine Doc series, some great tips and tricks in there as well as how to do stuff beyond a release vid just trying to sell a particular product. 

Def some behind the scenes vids would be cool. I like vlogs but not if they get too long about stuff. Maybe some intros to the staff? I know there is a Bios Page that is on the main site but only for a few staff. 

Some wharehouse tours and how its made might be cool as well, at least from the part of a product coming thru the door to being boxed up to head out. 

I was going to mention the shine doc, but totally forgot,  anyways I second that motion.... all in favor?

Got your eggnogg?! 

Also one other thing I wanted to mention was that I think Adam is a great spokesman and would do awesome for a behind the scenes vid but I think there needs to be another fave brought out that can really reach the people like Dylan did. 

Adams has a lot of videos out there, with a variety of styles, formats, lengths, and hosts.   It's clear the company is trying to find a combo that works best.

How many car care product mfrs create a consistent amount of YT vids?   Beyond Chemical Guys, not many.  Most vids are done by dealers (Autogeek, Esoteric, etc), or by users (detailers, car owners, vloggers, etc).   So there's an opportunity to be a leader.

Viewers are interested in two things - entertainment and information.    Some want one or the other, some want a balance of both.  

So my thoughts are this:

• Develop a consistent story line.   What do you want people to know about Adams?
  • Some viewers need education on your products.  How much education do you think they need?   Who is the educator?
  • Most people want entertainment video over informational videos.    That can be a challenge as artistic style and imagery is far more important than content.   How much emphasis is the company willing to put into entertainment-focused videos?   Think about what Chemical Guys offers..... mostly entertainment videos that have a little bit of info in them.    Do you like that formula?
  • The company needs a spokesperson or host.   Dylan filled that role.    Who will be that person now?   Can that person be consistent so viewers build a connection with them and the company?
  • Hard core fans will watch almost anything.   Some behind the scenes / day in the life/ 1st person videos would be great.   
  • beyond the hard core, who are you trying to reach?

Lots of questions, I know.  Hopefully some food for thought.   Just brain dumping thoughts, that's all.

If it were me, 1st thing I'd do is inventory all Adams content on YT and classify/ organize.  How many car wash videos?   How many videos per product?   Avg age of videos.   What needs updating?   Start with that.

Good luck,   Can't wait to see what direction you take.

After driving out to Colorado, and swinging by the shop and getting a tour, I think a behind the scenes video series would be great. Sale madness in the warehouse, product testing/development. More real stuff, not just scripted. Love all the videos so far, and I'm always checking to see if there's new ones, even though I'm subscribed lol

• 3 weeks later...

I enjoyed the behind the scenes video from obsessed garage (even though i really can't stand that guy).   I don't know how many more behind the scenes vids you can do, but one of your competitors, AMMO NYC, has had some videos on how his products are developed in the vein of "how it's made."   That would be interesting.   Or "here's why we're changing X......"

I know there's a whole image to maintain--i get that--but doing the 30th detail job on a pampered show car doesn't show me too much.   Working on average, or at least not supercars--that are actually dirty--that's helpful.    Not anal-detailer "that's filthy!" dirty, but actually real-world driving-dirty.   For instance, the great winter detailing video on the friend's car in boulder--to 99% of the population, that car was in great shape.   Sure, it was a protection video for the winter, but cars that see some use are far more interesting to me.  

Also, and I just have to say this--consider the color of the cars you're using.   For instance, and this goes to showing a fancy vehicle at the expense of good content---there's a foam gun video where a white truck is used.   How exactly do you show off foam output on a white truck?   But, clearly, in the intro to the video it's even stated--the white truck was chosen because it was a new ford raptor.   I wonder if the foam would've shown up more on a dark blue 77 Chevy?

don't get me wrong---I love Adam's.   I love to come up and visit and pick up the latest stuff and attend clinics.   just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents

6 hours ago, funkymonkey1111 said:

I enjoyed the behind the scenes video from obsessed garage (even though i really can't stand that guy).   I don't know how many more behind the scenes vids you can do, but one of your competitors, AMMO NYC, has had some videos on how his products are developed in the vein of "how it's made."   That would be interesting.   Or "here's why we're changing X......"

I know there's a whole image to maintain--i get that--but doing the 30th detail job on a pampered show car doesn't show me too much.   Working on average, or at least not supercars--that are actually dirty--that's helpful.    Not anal-detailer "that's filthy!" dirty, but actually real-world driving-dirty.   For instance, the great winter detailing video on the friend's car in boulder--to 99% of the population, that car was in great shape.   Sure, it was a protection video for the winter, but cars that see some use are far more interesting to me.  

Also, and I just have to say this--consider the color of the cars you're using.   For instance, and this goes to showing a fancy vehicle at the expense of good content---there's a foam gun video where a white truck is used.   How exactly do you show off foam output on a white truck?   But, clearly, in the intro to the video it's even stated--the white truck was chosen because it was a new ford raptor.   I wonder if the foam would've shown up more on a dark blue 77 Chevy?

don't get me wrong---I love Adam's.   I love to come up and visit and pick up the latest stuff and attend clinics.   just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents

That right there is some exceptionally detailed feedback. All good stuff and very relevant to the audience, as well as company. 

Well written post that should be taken to heart. 

I agree, great detail in response, however as far as the "average" car comment goes I would say watch the last full on series where they used a standard black cadilac sedan and washed it in the arizona sun, and then detailed their rental SUV. Id say those qualify as average. 

I do agree that getting to see the stuff used on some of the most awesome rides in the world is great and has to build a bit of confidence that if these folks trust Adams on their cars we can certainly trust is on daily drivers. 

Your right on the foam vid thou, that really needs to be a darker color to show off the amount of foam. 

• 4 weeks later...

I'd love to see videos of Adam's Polishes crew involvement with shows like Barrett Jackson of Scottsdale.  Also more instructional videos using the polishers in different situations, i.e. this car model with this type of paint in this condition would be great for the Heavy Correcting Polish and here are some tricks, tips, etc.  I think that would be helpful and interesting.