Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Shine/Clean Freak...

battlewithin

Hi All,

Short story: I was looking for an oleophobic product to use on my new, Deep Black Pearl, 2018 VW Atlas' "Infotainment" screen and Amazon was not giving me good results. Somehow, I ended up on Google which led to some other forums where Adam's, Chemical Guys, Meguiar's, etc. were being discussed. One thing led to another, and I was back on Amazon purchasing the Adam's Perfect Vision Glass Cleaner & Sealant Combo. Yes, I totally gave up on the oleophobic product hunt in favor of clean glass...

After getting the kit and using it, I was beyond impressed with how well it worked--exactly as advertised! I started watching more of Adam's videos on YouTube and began a new obsession: keeping my new car clean! Of course, watching the videos introduced me to so many more great products, one of which is the Interior Detail Spray which should help with the fingerprint issue that spurred this whole thing! Choosing just one or two products to try next was like choosing which of your kids to give up, but I went with Detail Spray and H2O G&G. I haven't had the chance to use the H2O G&G yet because it's been rainy here, but the Detail Spray got a quick use, and it worked quite well.

Since the VW has only been through a car wash twice, I figured it's better to start taking care of the paint as soon as possible. I spent a few days going through the shop on the website, watching videos, and making notes. As I write this, I'm waiting for FedEx to deliver what I hope to be an awesome Christmas present to myself... I went a bit nuts, but I think I got everything I need except a 2nd bucket. I know, shame on me, but the car isn't that dirty, and I plan to get a second bucket before that happens. I'm very excited and looking forward to keeping this car like-new for years to come!

Anyway, I'm not much of a "forums" type for the most part, so I may be MIA for extended periods--rest assured, my VW will be clean and shiny!

Thanks all!

23 minutes ago, Ls1transam said:

Welcome. Go to Autozone some place like that and get a bucket for your 2cnd bucket until you can get one with a grit guard.

Yeah, I actually have some 5gal buckets in the garage, but they probably need to be cleaned a bit... a GG is $10, so it's really a matter of waiting for the holidays to pass. Plus, I probably missed a couple of things in my order, so having a detail under my belt will help decide on what's in the next purchase. ;)