Customer Service 866.965.0400

One step polish durability

Ls1transam

Question

So to anyone who is wondering about the durability in the new One Step. I did a few test spots on November 12. It’s now December 21 and after washing the car, the water on those test spots was pretty much flat. It did slowly dissipate. So I’d say about a month of durability is all you’ll get. This is my daily driver and it sits outside all the time. That’s just my experience.

5 answers to this question

That’s good to know. Most AIO Polishes are blend of compromises. They will never last as long as a stand alone product. AIO products tend to be aimed at detailers “detailing for dollars” that allow some quick work in a time effective manner. I’m not sure I’d recommend an AIO for someone truly looking to protect their vehicle unless it’s topped with something else. 

2 hours ago, shane@detailedreflections said:

That’s good to know. Most AIO Polishes are blend of compromises. They will never last as long as a stand alone product. AIO products tend to be aimed at detailers “detailing for dollars” that allow some quick work in a time effective manner. I’m not sure I’d recommend an AIO for someone truly looking to protect their vehicle unless it’s topped with something else. 

I agree 100%. I have another AIO that was still going after 2 months. It was dying out but, was still there. 

23 minutes ago, Nickfire20 said:

Good info,  i just did my entire tahoe with it, but did an isp wipe down and then applied paint sealant and brilliant glaze

Paint sealant will make you all set. If you’re doing that anyway, using a polish followed by sealant will produce a better result every time.