Customer Service 866.965.0400

Paint sealant topped with buttery wax.

Traizer

I'm fairly new to Adam's, and very new to the site. I was always a was and wax with whatever guy until I found Adam's and discovered there was so much more to it. I'm hooked and always looking to learn more. This is my daily driver truck with paint sealant and then buttery wax after we got a good rain, love it! 

IMG_20171217_123123_026.jpg

• 1 month later...
On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 1:25 PM, Ls1transam said:

I love the buttery wax. The sealant, not so much.

I haven't used the paint sealant yet but plan to after a full paint correction. What is it that you dislike about the LPS? Whats a better option other than ceramic coating?

45 minutes ago, Tony_G said:

I haven't used the paint sealant yet but plan to after a full paint correction. What is it that you dislike about the LPS? Whats a better option other than ceramic coating?

For durability, nothing. Read this for more on the differences between glazes, waxes, sealants and coatings.

3 hours ago, Tony_G said:

Ceramic is your best bet. I didn’t like the old paint sealant or the new formula. Application and removal was a pain for me. I use another paint sealant that gives me zero trouble. 

On 12/24/2017 at 1:25 PM, Ls1transam said:

I love the buttery wax. The sealant, not so much.

I’m in the same boat. The sealant did not last at all for me. I did 2 different cars complete decon scrub, polish, ipa, sealant. Both did not last more than a month if that. Love Adams stuff. So far everything I’ve tried, except the sealant. 

17 hours ago, hot_h2o said:

I’m in the same boat. The sealant did not last at all for me. I did 2 different cars complete decon scrub, polish, ipa, sealant. Both did not last more than a month if that. Love Adams stuff. So far everything I’ve tried, except the sealant. 

Exactly. That’s why I don’t use it. I got 1-2 months out of it. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've always had good luck with my liquid paint sealant.  I could see where some people say its hard to remove it, if you get it to thick it's a pain.  Also I could see applying it by hand, and not a swirl killer would give you a thicker application which would take longer to remove.