Customer Service 866.965.0400

Rinseless Wash - Great Results!

KoryMiller340

Question

I posted another Rinseless wash topic last winter, but just wanted to follow up with another.  It rained here on Saturday, and was cold enough to snow flurry and put a slight coating down on Sunday (Christmas Eve), which meant that PennDot was out salting the roads much to my dismay.  Anyways, I brought the dart into the garage this evening and used the rinseless wash on it, I took some before and after pics on the drivers side of the car as the lighting is a little better on that side of the garage.  For anyone contemplating whether to use it or not with some salt on the car, I'm hoping this helps make the decision a little easier, I looked very closely and don't see any scratches, swirls, etc.

NOTE:  My car was prepped for winter back in mid October (wash, clay, paint sealant, wheels sealed, etc.) so the car is usually in pretty good shape, but I just wanted to put this out there as a heads up, basically, I was starting with a "dirty" car in my opinion, but even when my cars are dirty in my opinion, most people think they look pretty good, so I had a pretty good slate to start with.

I started by jacking up the passenger side of the car, and sprayed some waterless wash in the wheel wells as they just had some salt crust in there and I didn't want to use any all purpose cleaner or anything without being able to rinse it out, plus I have a gallon of it, and I don't use it a whole lot so I figured it'd work well enough for the wheel wells.  After that I used detail spray on the wheels, and then invisible under carriage spray on the wheel wells, and tire shine on the tires, I then did the same process on the driver side.  

I then filled one bucket with a grit guard and warm water about 1/2 to 3/4 full and another bucket with grit guard about 1/2 full with warm water and a few ounces of Rinseless wash.  I also had a small 4 oz spray bottle that I put roughly one ounce or so of rinseless wash in and filled the rest of the way with water to use as a pre-soak.  

I worked my way from the roof to the bottom of the car, first by spraying the panel I was working on with the pre-soak and then I used the method shown in the Adams Rinseless Wash video where you slowly turn your hand as you wipe to reveal a new clean section of the towel.  

I used 4 double soft towels for the rinseless wash, I reused them over and over throughout the process, but I was very careful to clean the towels against the grit guards each and every time before re-using it.  

I ended up using 2 double soft towels to dry the car as my first one got a little saturated about 3/4 of the way through the car.  I did use detail spray while drying as well.

I did also dump my "clean" water after doing half of the car, probably not necessary, but just something else I decided to do.

Hope this helps, I'm really happy with the results!

20171226_191922.jpg

20171226_191929.jpg

20171226_191933.jpg

20171226_191942.jpg

20171226_200429.jpg

20171226_200439.jpg

20171226_200446.jpg

20171226_200453.jpg

20171226_200458.jpg

@gemini70 I don't have one of those LED swirl finder lights, however, I've been the only owner of the vehicle (owned since the end of September 2016) and it has had nothing but Adams products applied to it, paint sealant before last winter, waxed this past summer, and sealed again before this winter, it's washed regularly with a two bucket wash method, not that you can't introduce swirls / scratches.  I've also applied H20 guard and gloss once or twice too just for good measure, probably overkill, but I'm a bit anal when it comes to my cars.  I'll try and get a good look at it, it is my daily driver for most of the year, but I'm very happy with how it looks so far.

As a side note... I have to tell you that the rinseless wash feels almost as smooth or smoother than waxing or sealing the car, it is super slick!!

11 hours ago, gemini70 said:

That looksamazing. 

Curious, if you shine a LED light, are there any micro marred scratches? 

I've had a one step paint correction done on my Durango RT and I am petrified of using a rinseless or waterless wash.

I was, too, but don't be. When applied properly using high quality MF towels, both products are super safe. I do recommend you watch the videos to learn when/how to use them and read the product page description, too. Key point: the car shouldn't have a bunch of crud attached for either one, so a pre rinse at a coin op may be in order. Oh, and the WW smells amazing!

On 12/28/2017 at 11:26 PM, KoryMiller340 said:

@gemini70 I don't have one of those LED swirl finder lights, however, I've been the only owner of the vehicle (owned since the end of September 2016) and it has had nothing but Adams products applied to it, paint sealant before last winter, waxed this past summer, and sealed again before this winter, it's washed regularly with a two bucket wash method, not that you can't introduce swirls / scratches.  I've also applied H20 guard and gloss once or twice too just for good measure, probably overkill, but I'm a bit anal when it comes to my cars.  I'll try and get a good look at it, it is my daily driver for most of the year, but I'm very happy with how it looks so far.

As a side note... I have to tell you that the rinseless wash feels almost as smooth or smoother than waxing or sealing the car, it is super slick!!

With a few of those pics, you have a great reflection, and if there were scratches and swirls, it would show in that pic. I'm getting very tempted to buy this and give it try on my corrected paint job. 

15 minutes ago, gemini70 said:

With a few of those pics, you have a great reflection, and if there were scratches and swirls, it would show in that pic. I'm getting very tempted to buy this and give it try on my corrected paint job. 

Do it. It's great stuff! Don't forget the Double Soft towels.

10 hours ago, gemini70 said:

@gemini70 I would highly recommend it!  I know I didn't notice it as much last year as I do this year, or maybe I did and I forgot, but I'm still amazed at how slick the paint feels after using this stuff, the other great thing is that like other Adams products, a small amount goes a very long way, especially with this product!  Try it, there's the 110% guarantee, so you really can't go wrong!

3 hours ago, KoryMiller340 said:

@gemini70 I would highly recommend it!  I know I didn't notice it as much last year as I do this year, or maybe I did and I forgot, but I'm still amazed at how slick the paint feels after using this stuff, the other great thing is that like other Adams products, a small amount goes a very long way, especially with this product!  Try it, there's the 110% guarantee, so you really can't go wrong!

I now have this on my "to buy" list with some other Adam's products. I'm going to test this on certain spots of the truck for my own sanity. I know everyone is saying it won't cause scratches on my paint, but for my own sanity in trying to make my paint correction last as long as possible, the test spots will help me cope with my OCD. Haha......thanks for everyone's input.

Love the Rinseless! The results are awesome, and I would recommend ordering the rinseless starter kit http://adamspolishes.com/adam-s-rinseless-wash-starter-kit.html

Kit price $129 Typically shown on sale for $79

Bucket with grit guard and Gama seal lid $24.99

16oz Rinseless 17.99

32oz premium spray bottle (awesome) $6.99

5 Double soft towels $14.99ea ($59.99 for a 6 pack)

Its a great deal to get going with some products. 

On 12/28/2017 at 10:32 PM, gemini70 said:

That looksamazing. 

Curious, if you shine a LED light, are there any micro marred scratches? 

I've had a one step paint correction done on my Durango RT and I am petrified of using a rinseless or waterless wash.

WW is made for LIGHT dirt, not heavy removal of salt and winter sludge.  You CAN use it, but you would need to use so much of it to be able to let the dirt just run off the car that it wouldn't be economical.  Stick with the rinseless till spring. 

9 minutes ago, Black Bowtie said:

I just use a spray bottle right now for my pretreatment, but am think of adding this to my arsenal for the pretreatment?

https://www.worx.com/portable-power-cleaners/hydroshot-portable-power-cleaner-wg629.html

Not to go off topic, but read the second review on that thing, the guy washed his car with rubbing alcohol!  That does look like it would be perfect for pretreatment though.

I thought waterless wash products were a scam, like the guys sell outside the firestone.  Then, I got a bottle of Adams WW in a mystery box, and used it on my wife’s Mercedes - mostly garaged and typically has just a light coat of dust and maybe some of that south Texas pollen.  Worked great and I bought a gallon.  Since then, I got two of the blue waffle weave microfiber towels in another mystery box and have used them exclusively with WW.   My experience is that the blue waffle weave towels drag way less than the single or double soft towels and I get a lot more run time out of one of the blue waffle weaves too.  They feel a lot like the great white drying towel, just smaller...and blue.  Suggest trying one if you use WW a lot.

58 minutes ago, Dkhazlett said:

I thought waterless wash products were a scam, like the guys sell outside the firestone.  Then, I got a bottle of Adams WW in a mystery box, and used it on my wife’s Mercedes - mostly garaged and typically has just a light coat of dust and maybe some of that south Texas pollen.  Worked great and I bought a gallon.  Since then, I got two of the blue waffle weave microfiber towels in another mystery box and have used them exclusively with WW.   My experience is that the blue waffle weave towels drag way less than the single or double soft towels and I get a lot more run time out of one of the blue waffle weaves too.  They feel a lot like the great white drying towel, just smaller...and blue.  Suggest trying one if you use WW a lot.

Agreed! WW is a great way to keep a mostly clean car looking great again.

Admittedly, I prefer the smell of the WW way more than RW, but for future reference, you can dilute RW at 16:1 to make a Waterless Wash-like solution at a much more economical price point. Plus you can do rinseless washes when the car is a dirtier.

I love the shine that rinseless leaves on your car. Its much more noticeable than waterless. However, waterless is my favorite to remove bugs stuck on the front of the car. 

The only thing is that I cant get the same results as waterless when I dilute rinseless. Ive tried different ratios with no luck. Comes close, but not enough to completely replace waterless wash.