Customer Service 866.965.0400

Stupid snow, stop dirtying my car!!!

Coderedpl

Question

I was just sitting around and thinking about how dirty my car just from sitting in the driveway. The car was washed and dried, no landscaping was done around the property or anything, so you get just the regular street dust or whatever. Snow falls, then melts. I look at my car and its FILTHY, to the point where I wouldn't even want to do a rinseless or waterless. 
Anybody deal with the same? 
/rant 

4 hours ago, Black Bowtie said:

-13 temp on the way in this morning and more snow on the way. I have given up for awhile.

The Iowa Struggle is real.  Look at Monday I think the high is -9 and the low is like -22.  I also have given up on mine to a extent. 

Driving home tonight in the dark over a mountain and the alarm started dinging in the car.  "Parking assist blocked. Check owner's manual".  They're little sensors on the rear bumper...........and they were dirty.  Guess so!  Does nothing but snow, melt, and the road crews are throwing salt like sugar!  I hate winter.

You're wasting time and product trying to keep your ride decent looking between now and spring. Best thing you could have done was make sure you had it well sealed and waxed before the first salt truck went around.  Wunderground is calling for 49* here in SW PA next week.........................guess what I'll be doing!  It will be the first wash in about 8 weeks.  And might be the last until the next "warm" spell. Sucks living up here.  

My wife's Durango looks like a salted pretzel its do full of salt.  Thank god it's gonna rain(I hope) at the end of the week so I can put both cars outside and let the rain wash both the Jeep and the Durango!  

I agree with the above sentiments...I wait until a warmish day (40s or 50s, all we'll get in MI) and then power wash it and maybe a rinseless if I want extra.  With the LPS + H2O GG on it like I have it, it pretty much all power washes off anyway, you just don't get very much pop. Now adding a rinseless once I'm back at the heated garage and it's like a sparkly new diamond (Until I DRIVE IT ONE FOOT OUT OF THE GARGAGE ARRRGGGH).

/rant

Lol. 

Uggh. 

Less than a week ago we had negative temps and 13” of snow. 

Now we have no snow, it’s 58 degrees and torrential downpours. Localized flooding. 

Welcome to New England! 

Hopefully I can get out sometime soon and clean the truck a bit. Even if it’s just an undercarriage spray and a power wash of the body. 

Took advantage of the 55 degrees and a brief break in the rain last night for a quick two-bucket wash and rinse on my wife's Renegade and my Ram Rebel.  Finished both moments before the skies opened up again.  Forecast is for a wintery mix here today with more snow on Monday.  I slept well last night knowing both vehicles were free from salt........even if it was only for a few hours. 

Edited by ZMAN024

70 here in Maryland yesterday and 12hours later 30 and snow.

either way, i was able to wash and dried with GnG, backed it in the garage before the pouring rain started.  Did Some tire shine, door jams and Brilliant Glaze inside last night.

i think itll be dry for a few days now.

Edited by Nickfire20

You guys should see Minnesota! If you have a red truck, it will be white! On warmer days we still can’t use the hose around here so I found this awesome machine that sprays enough water to get rid of the salt but not make a mess. It’s called the Worx Hydroshot. It’s like a battery operated pressure washer wand, it has a hose that you put into a bucket to draw water. I was able to wash (including foam) a full size pickup with one battery and 2, 5 gallon buckets of hot water! Best truck in town, until it snows again...

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 5:31 PM, Rich said:

Washed my car two days ago, drove it yesterday, and had to wash it again today.  Then the wife went to the grocery store.................and it's dirty again.  I surrender. 

I feel your pain Rich!

On 1/17/2018 at 12:25 PM, Nathan said:

You guys should see Minnesota! If you have a red truck, it will be white! On warmer days we still can’t use the hose around here so I found this awesome machine that sprays enough water to get rid of the salt but not make a mess. It’s called the Worx Hydroshot. It’s like a battery operated pressure washer wand, it has a hose that you put into a bucket to draw water. I was able to wash (including foam) a full size pickup with one battery and 2, 5 gallon buckets of hot water! Best truck in town, until it snows again...

Heres my white... black truck

52EC954F-9A65-44EC-8137-EF4F571562D2.jpeg