Customer Service 866.965.0400

Effects of Cold Temps...What's Good, What's Bad?

galaxy

Question

So because of the holidays and everything, I was later than preferred getting my stuff indoors for cold weather.  I got it all moved in tonight but ran across a few problems I wanted to check on.  Out of all my products, here's the only funny effects that I took note of.  You guys let me know what's good and what's bad and if any of these should be replaced for max performance...

- Odor Eliminator looks cloudy to me...thoughts (see pic)?  

- Leather & Interior Cleaner has lots of chunks of ice crystals floating around!  

**Funny note on this one...I have a 3:1 mix I like to call Leather Lite that did not freeze.  And it never got below freezing in the garage; tons of plain water bottles in the garage that never froze.

-  H2O G&G separated.  Looks like it mixed back together OK when shaken

- Metal polish 1 & 2 both separated.  Looks like they mixed back OK when shaken

I didn't notice anything else funny from any other products.  As mentioned, I'd venture to guess it never got below freezing, but probably darn near close, and didn't stay for long if it did since plain water never froze.  Most valuable items are probably wheel/trim coatings.  Without listing my entire inventory (which is probably the Adam's store) any other high risk items for these temps?

IMG_0037.JPG

Edited by galaxy

12 answers to this question

I have had the odor nutralizer get cloudy on me as well, it’s just when it gets cold. The h2o guard and gloss will separate after it sits for a few hours as the metal polish, that’s normal. As for the leather cleaner I’ve never had that happen before! Interesting that the one with water didn’t freeze

I had the same thing with the interior cleaner. However I cant remember if it was due to the cold weather. I left the spray head on the "open" position one time and didnt use it for a looong time. When I checked back on it, the nozzle had leaked about half the bottle and the nozzle was covered in a white dry material. I put on a new nozzle and made sure to "close" it this time, and havent had that problem since. 

So... Everything will be fine it’s normal, when they ship things to sometimes they will over heat or freeze in route, did you throw any of it away? I’m going to guess no and it worked just fine.

odor neutralizer does that if will clear back up, go find it a ugly holiday sweater and wrap it back.

so I hope this helps.

DON'T leave any chemicals in the cold.  Especially if you're where these arctic temps are.  If they freeze solid, you might have to toss them out.  But anything below 45 degrees, you want to bring them in.  

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 12:22 PM, Rich said:

DON'T leave any chemicals in the cold.  Especially if you're where these arctic temps are.  If they freeze solid, you might have to toss them out.  But anything below 45 degrees, you want to bring them in.  

I had some detail spray and interior detailer freeze on me en route to its new home! I just thawed them out and they seem to be okay but I haven't used them. should I be concerned? I also have an order coming tomorrow with lots of goodies and it hasn't been above freezing temps this entire week. I'm sure ill be receiving some ice sickles

also, they weren't frozen completely solid but frozen enough to cause it to leak as it thawed while sitting at the post office. so I actually don't really know how bad they got.  im more worried about tomorrows arrival which has more liquids than my previous order. fingers crossed!

That's a problem many of us face when ordering in the winter. This cold is WAY too early, and I'm hoping that NOW is going to be our coldest weather for the rest of the winter and we get an early spring.  I'd keep the weather in mind for any future orders. This stuff sits in boxes in trucks sometimes for days and there's no way to keep it warm enough not to freeze.  But I'd keep an eye on it. 9 times out of 10 it's okay (we've all had it happen). Just let it come to room temp on its own.  Don't soak it in hot water or a micro to warm it up or thaw it out.

22 hours ago, Rich said:

That's a problem many of us face when ordering in the winter. This cold is WAY too early, and I'm hoping that NOW is going to be our coldest weather for the rest of the winter and we get an early spring.  I'd keep the weather in mind for any future orders. This stuff sits in boxes in trucks sometimes for days and there's no way to keep it warm enough not to freeze.  But I'd keep an eye on it. 9 times out of 10 it's okay (we've all had it happen). Just let it come to room temp on its own.  Don't soak it in hot water or a micro to warm it up or thaw it out.

but that 20% off sale does things to me that don't allow me to think about the cold weather the coming week hahaha . Everything came unfrozen. very very cold but not frozen. the detail spray in my previous order that was almost frozen solid I ended up thawing it in warm water (didn't know any better) figuring it would be okay to do that. This was after it had already thawed some at room temp. Seems okay right now, if not O well at least it was the DS which I have plenty of.