Customer Service 866.965.0400

Waterless Wash Questions

Special K

Question

We recently had our 2017 Toyota Highlander ceramic coated with a 9h coating by a professional. Last weekend I did the first regular wash using a ceramic coating shampoo and  a ceramic boost.

It looks great. I want to maintain the look and keep it clean using the waterless wash in between full washes.

Is the Waterless Wash safe to use on Ceramic Coating and Ceramic Coating Boost? The opinions out there vary on what you can and can't use on ceramic coating. 

Any recommendations on how often a full wash should be done, or could you use waterless wash exclusively?

Can you do a full correction and polish after using Waterless Wash (Non-Ceramic Coated Car)? 

I know this is a bunch of questions, but I live in CA and we go through phases of water restrictions, and I am trying to conserve the water I use.

Aloha,

Kevin

Edited by Special K

4 answers to this question

You can wash a coated car with almost anything.  I used to wash my son's coated car with Strip wash (actually Wash Shampoo + APC), as he was only home from college every few months, and it did not affect the coating.  There are some companies that make a 'revitalizing' shampoo, but you be fine with any Adam's washing product, and follow-up every few months the Coating Boost. 

The level of grim on the car will let you know what you can get away with.  I would recommend Rinseless Wash, if you do not drive off road.  It is what I use 90% of the time on my cars.  If the car has lots of grime (dirt, or lots of driving on wet roads) then a regular 2 bucket hose wash is best (or Foam Gun/Cannon for added fun!). 

58 minutes ago, mc2hill said:

The level of grim on the car will let you know what you can get away with.  I would recommend Rinseless Wash, if you do not drive off road.  It is what I use 90% of the time on my cars.  If the car has lots of grime (dirt, or lots of driving on wet roads) then a regular 2 bucket hose wash is best (or Foam Gun/Cannon for added fu

I will give the Rinseless Wash a try once I get through the gallon of Waterless I just purchased. I have a feeling with three cars I will move through it pretty quick.

What are your thoughts on doing some correction, and or buffer polishing after using the Waterless Wash, or the Rinseless Wash?

56 minutes ago, Special K said:

I will give the Rinseless Wash a try once I get through the gallon of Waterless I just purchased. I have a feeling with three cars I will move through it pretty quick.

What are your thoughts on doing some correction, and or buffer polishing after using the Waterless Wash, or the Rinseless Wash?

I would say yes, you can do a buffer polish after doing a rinseless wash, as you will need to fully clay the vehicle in question prior to touching the buffer. I would suggest a more thorough two bucket wash however to ensure you are starting with a completely clean slate, and no matter the wash method, a clay bar is essential to remove all contaminants as a final step prior to polishing.

Edited by Red Rambler

2 hours ago, Special K said:

Editing because I misunderstood your question...

But to answer another of your questions, WW is for light dust, fingerprints, etc. So you can use it under those circumstances as often as you'd like. You might also consider diluting RW 16:1 to make a waterless wash like solution at a much more economical price point.

Edited by falcaineer